Did you find this code helpful?
2 members have voted
Wednesday, June 8th 2011
Presented By Anthony Nicolaides
Applications Engineer - Unitronics Inc.
This webinar covers the basics of implementing troubleshooting tips with Unitronics controllers.
- Use search to find HMI buttons
- Show program sequence in help
- Solved by paralleling three nets in to one with a single coil
- Show disable/enable net function
- Online view, set and reset a bit in online mode
- Contact on a button instead of a positive transition contact
- Timer running twice as fast
- Watch window
- Three timer example
- Modbus IP
WEBINAR - Troubleshooting Tips
<iframe width="960" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ekw0ytl_tFA?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Questions & Answers
Q: Does the plc scan top to bottom then left to right, or does it scan all inputs top to bottom and then changes outputs?
A: The PLC program scan: Read Inputs --> Execute Ladder --> Update Outputs --> Process HMI --> Process Communications
Q: can you enable/disable nets from the HMI without re-downloading?
A: Not nets specifically. If you know there are portions of code you wish to disable before hand, place them in separate subroutines. You do have the option to stop calling subroutines with memory bits.
Q: Why is there a (-) in front of H in MI8?
A: Its denoting that the entry is in HEX vs DEC