PC and PLC placed in different towns

Hello,

Thank you for using our Unitronics Forum.

There is some free software on our website on the "Downloads" page that will be able to help you achieve the requirements you have requested above.  Please note, these software utilities are for when you are able to connect to the network your PLC is on.

Read/Write Data to PLC: DataXport and UniDDE will be able to help you with this.  DataXport is used more for logging data, and UniDDE is for monitoring data in real time; however, both will do what you are looking for.

If you are using an SD card for storing data, our SD Card Suite will be able to remotely access the data on your SD Card.

UniDownloader and Download Manager will allow you to remotely download complete applications to the PLC. 

Please let us know if this helps.

You have 3 ways to get the remote access to PLC thru internet: 

1. The easiest is remote access to the computer in same network as PLC - for example  TeamViewer. Just install Visilogic on this machine and you are ready to go. 
  2. Port Forwarding in the router which belongs to the remote network. Here you'll need IT assistance.
  3. Listen mode. (see topic 7780). The most complex, but the best way in case of enterprise application, when you'll need maintain connections to many PLC's (2500 in my case).

I'm not sure in the correct understanding of the solution.. In my opinion... firstly i use TCP/IP Socket Init, where the protocol is TCP, PLC port and Master/Slave. After that i use TCP/IP Tcp Connect, the information inside the block include external PC's IP , PC's port and the socket. Of course i need to pay attention for System integers. Is that the whole structure of the solution?