All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Here is the latest in case anyone else runs into this: So, after claiming otherwise for more than a week, Unitronics support is now saying that in fact ANY and ALL Modbus errors cause the master to enforce this 3 second messaging suspension. So even a -11 timeout error (or anything else) will cause this 3 second lockout and the -2 error code just reports that the master is in this suspension period. This matches the results of my testing, and I really could not understand how it could be any other way. They claim that attempting a transaction and receiving the -2 error code does not reset the 3 second suspension (although I'm not completely convinced of this - will need to try it for myself since I'm fairly sure I have results that prove otherwise). There is no indicator or flag you can use to check the state of the Master (which is a bit lacking) - the only way to check the state is to try another transaction and see if it works. They did specifically say that this suspension applying to all errors is the case when you are using serial comms (Modbus RTU), so it may well not be the case if you are using Modbus TCP. Not sure? Would be awfully nice if this stuff was properly documented in the help file ....
  3. Thanks Saragani. All worked
  4. Hello; I am new to the forum and I have the following question; I have to implement a Unistream USC-B5-TR22 on a CAN Bus and I can see that this PLC has a sniffer function, I have tried to obtain information regarding how to use it and implement it in a project but I have not found it or I have been searching wrong, I Can you help by telling me where to find information such as videos, tutorials, etc. I would be grateful. Greetings Guille71
  5. Yesterday
  6. Does anyone know of any companies that do repair and mobile SERVICE in Michigan for Unitronics?
  7. For the custom alarm type, you can specify HiHi, Hi, Lo, and LoLo limits that will trigger the alarm. Is there any way to tell which of the four limits has been exceeded when the alarm is triggered, other than manually comparing the PV value to each of the limits? The documentation says: This seems to imply that these are four separate alarms (Hi, HiHi, Lo, and LoLo), but as far as I can tell, exceeding any of the limits will all generate the same one alarm. If that's the case, what's the point of being able to specify a HiHi or LoLo alarm limit when this alarm will already have been triggered when the Hi or Lo limit is exceeded?
  8. Flex, thank you that does clear up a lot. this is a new scale we are using. One Indicator with multiple scales so it had me kind of mixed up. we normally use one scale head per device and everything gets it own set up. thank you for taking the time to work me through that.
  9. This looks to me like a single device and you choose which scale reading via MODBUS command. I see no reason to close the connection, once established, nor any reason to use two sockets. I'm not familiar with these scales so I may be misinterpreting something. You can choose the timing between commands without closing the socket.
  10. im sending 2 different commands one command for each scale indicator. i though i would have to close the socket when and give it time to rest between switching commands ?
  11. This makes no sense to me. If you were communicating as though it was one device, then why was it necessary to close the connection between MODBUS commands?
  12. Flex, I was looking at it as one device. A Multi scale indicator talking through one modbus card using the the same ip just switching over write commands to choose which scale to talk to, but im just going to use another Modbus connection which requires purchasing another modbus card.
  13. That's your problem - you can't have two devices on the same network with the same IP address.
  14. It's telling you what the problem is: "Stop reason ; No Application" This means exactly what it says, there is no application in the PLC. This can be caused by several things, but most likely due to removing power from the PLC with no battery or a dead battery. The solution is to replace the battery and reload the application from VisiLogic.
  15. Flex727, thank you that is the obvious solution. for some reason since they share the same IP address i had it in my head that i had to use the same socket, and i would just send 2 different commands. i will write it with 2 sockets.
  16. Hello, first of all, sorry for my English. Today, when I turn it on, my plc gives this error message and I don't know what it could be, can someone help me? Thank you.
  17. Last week
  18. Contact Official Unitronics Support at support@unitronics.com. Since the Great Hack of 2023 all previous versions of UniLogic that did not have mandatory security measures have been removed from the Unitronics website and are only available by special request. They should be able to get you the interim versions you need. Joe T.
  19. Why are you trying to communicate with two different devices through the same socket? Use two different sockets, one for each scale - then you don't have to waste time connecting and disconnecting.
  20. I realize this is somewhat of an old topic but I'm just pulling one of our UniStream PLCs off the shelf for the first use in a long time. I tried updating the firmware in two steps, from 1.28.39 to 1.31.122 and then to 1.36.44. At no time have I been able to connect to the PLC from ethernet, directly connected to my PC. If I monitor the traffic through the windows connection properties, data is being sent/received constantly but UniLogic will not find the PLC. My UniLogic version is 1.36.63, downloaded and installed today. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  21. I was excited to see the new version of Unilogic supports IO-Link. This has made it much easier to support the devices I'm adding but I have one problem. The manual specifies that splitters are supported and even has a picture of a config where they are added with the icons: However, I only see the option to add a Single Digital I/O I've searched the manual and site but can't find any other references to adding splitters. I can add my other devices fine.
  22. There's a big difference between sending MODBUS commands to a device that doesn't care what you send it and sending it to a MODBUS device. For testing purposes I'd do as Joe recommended and get the software setup correctly with no errors and then fault it out and see what you get for responses and such. The different errors are going to cause a different timeout. A CRC error for instance is a lot different than a "I can't find the device anywhere" error. One is a pure communication error and the other isn't.
  23. I've tried the same setup all the way down to 9600 baud. Performs the same - no comms errors, but same Modbus issues. My issues come down to not being able to transmit after a timeout (error -11). I know that when I get a Modbus operation error = -2, that means the slave messaging suspension is being enforced so you have to wait 3+ seconds before attempting another Master transmission. The issue is when I get a timeout error (-11) - how long a delay (if any) are you supposed to have before you try another Master transmission? Unitronics claims this 3 second suspension only happens after a -2 error, but in my testing, if I get a timeout error (-11) and try to transmit another command with the 3 seconds, it THEN causes the -2 error. This seems to indicate that ANY error causes the 3 second suspension and the -2 just reports to you that you are still within this suspension state if you try another transmission. This is of course contrary to what Unitronics support is telling me, but its the only thing that makes sense.
  24. All, I have one multiscale indicator that has 2 scales that i am trying to read through one Modbus connection by switching the command number to witch scale i need. the problem is i connect, write, and read the command for scale one, then i close the connection to the socket and let it cool for .4 seconds ive even tried up to 1 sec. then i connect and do the same for scale 2. they both are reading and writing to separate vectors and addresses but i get a bleed over reading from scale one onto the scale two and vice versa. i do not know how to resolve the issue. ive set is to where the read and write command are disconnected when the opposite scale is writing and reading. I've put program below, any advice would be appreciated. scale switching.vlp
  1. Load more activity