All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. **** SOLVED **** Hi guys, thank you so much for your help over the last few days. It turns out that there was a dodgy earth to the 24V power supply feeding the Unitronics unit. It was strange as everything else worked, it only seemed to be affecting the analog inputs to the unit. As soon as the earth was sorted i was getting the values i expected in the inputs from the outputs. Thanks again guys for all of your time.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Thanks, I did use the software recommended to format the SD card. When I try to view the .img file even in windows it says file appears to be corrupt. I've re-downloaded it several times and on different pcs with the same results.
  5. Merle, the point Gabriel is making is that hardware scaling is essentially fixed and can't be adjusted easily. Ladder versions can. JR, side question....Are you sure that you haven't got mixups in various settings, so that 4-20ma and other mistmatches are happening? FYI.....Although this was made for Visilogic, perhaps it might be useful for your "play" and diagnostic purposes. I'm sure the fundamentals are similar. The whole point for me making it in the first place relates to Gabriel's similar use, where minor tweaking of some numbers in use gets things exactly right. Online interaction and adjustment can then be done. In my case in Visilogic, after tweaking I change values to permanent. https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/3540-linearization-calculator-for-all/ cheers, Aus
  6. Did you format the SD card using the recommended software before creating the image? I followed the procedure some time ago and had to use a different software to format the SD (I might be wrong and had to use it for another purpose or another PLC brand). Anyway, here is the software I have: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
  7. The next step is to write messages from a vacuum cleaner or a kettle.
  8. I did some more digging and it looks like there is an issue with the unitronics recovery .img file. I've tried to write the SD card on several PCs at this point and the win32diskimagger will just crash once I click Write. Also the few times it successfully wrote the image to the SD card it displayed no data on the thumb drive. Does anyone know if there's a mirror for the factory reset links?
  9. That's irrelevant. They still have to be linearized differently for different bit count. 14 bit input has to be linearized over 16383 range and the 12 bit out has to be linearized over 4095 to use full voltage range.
  10. I don´t use hardware scaling. I use linearize ladder function block instead.. The reason: it can be field and on the fly adjusted just changing tag values (X and Y)
  11. Help include everything you need:
  12. Keep in mind that the analog inputs are 14 bit (0-16383) and the analog outputs are 12 bit (0-4095). So if you use the same scaling or linearization for both, it will not be 1 to 1.
  13. Today's date digits can be fun to play with in the various formats in use. 🙃
  14. Hi guys, I have now tried starting a new project. Absolutely no ladder at all. I have still got the analog outputs directly wired to the analog inputs. Output 0 to input 0, and output 1 to input 1. I have scaled both inputs and outputs in the I/O settings to have a range from 0 to 10000, they are also both set to 0-10v. I created a watch table for all 4 (analog input 0 and 1, and analog output 0 and 1). If i understand correctly, if i send analog output 0 to a value of 1000 i should get 1000 back on the input? This is not the case i appear to get a value of 340 on the input. How can this be possible? The scaling is the same and one is directly connected to the other. I have checked the voltage and that appears to be correct just not the value of the input.
  15. Why aren't you using Layers? You can hide an entire layer while editing the HMI, so you won't have to send to back or bring to front.
  16. Last week
  17. I followed the instructions to make a factory reset SD card but the tool's standard software still launches. It does read that there is an SD card inserted with the software though. Not sure if there is a jumper or some other reset function I'm supposed to engage first.
  18. Yep. Subroutines are the way to go. You're on the right track. Joe T.
  19. As Gabriel said - how is your input scaled? Try linearizing the input over the voltage range you want. This will linearize a 14bit analog input over the 0-1000 mV range you need - setting input voltage equal to bar essentially. 2v = 2bar, 10v =10 bar
  20. Hi Joe, I appreciate the quick response. I'm particularly interested in thoughts about how I might adapt the general control strategy used for your customer's security gate to a smaller, more precise hydraulic mechanism like ours. Any specific functions that your customer found particularly useful for managing hydraulic operations? I'm building the logic in a similar way I would approach an Allen Bradley program. Main Routine calls separate input output routines (I believe in another post you call inputs first and outputs last). So it's looking something like this: Inputs Conditions for operation, anti tie-down, and safety interlocks Cylinder Adv/Ret Timers Counters Faults Outputs I hope this makes sense.
  21. I have a customer that uses hydraulic cylinders to raise and lower a security gate at an electric utility transmission station. There' s really not much to it. Joe T.
  22. Hello, We're looking for a lower cost solution to control a handheld hydraulic clinch unit. Currently we're using a discontinued Schneider Electric all in one PLC/HMI. We were given a SM35-J-R20 to test out so I'm working with Visilogic to redevelop the logic from SoMachine Logic Builder. If I can get this to work we will be fitting all of our units with this, or a more compatible PLC/HMI combo from Unitronics. So far the tutorials have been helpful when trying to piecemeal a concept of how I will control this unit. I haven't seen much in the way of others using the device to control a Hyd pump, and advance/retract a cylinder, and activating a hi-press solenoid. I'm not supplying specific numbers at this time, just curious if there are other out there controlling similar units with these combo controllers. Thanks! -Joe
  23. I have a lot of instances with overlapped elements / graphics where hide visibility and pop up graphics are used throughout program depending on state / button presses Right click and use the send to back / bring to front I find easiest to work when using layers of elements Also can copy top element delete, work on bottom element and paste deleted one back when your done I find sometimes Copy / Paste and a couple blank HMI Editing pages is useful in keeping all elements in proper location for building and troubleshooting deleting top layered elements Copy / Paste some more and mesh it back up together Sometimes using coordinates to mark exact location of elements if you want to move something out of the way and place it back later All of this is easy when its your project and you're the builder, but I do see this being a bit of a pain for the next person dealing with hidden elements in some one else's program (but that's what "find tag" is used for)
  24. Yes the analog input settings are set correctly, both 0-10v as well as the outputs. The ranges are also the same on all. I have since tried wiring the outputs straight into the inputs and giving the output a number. The input is reading is different to what i am giving the output which is strange
  25. Layers: good idea, I haven´t used them. Other option: right-click the element and z-order it
  26. Yes, it's clear how it works on the PLC at runtime, I was referring to the editor, how to manage all the pop-up windows since they'll be placed over other HMI elements (at least in my case) and in the Unilogic editor that would cause some trouble in case the underneath HMI elements need to be accessed for editing. I have made a quick test and placing pop-ups on a dedicated layer seems to be a nice practice, if that layer is hidded then the "regular" HMI screen is all accessible for editing. Said so, this solution is a workaround for my initial quesion, I still hope that Unilogic staff will introduce native supporto for pop-ups one day...
  27. Correct. I place all the controls stacked on top of each other. By pressing the motor image (or the button or whatever you use to pop-up the control), reset all visibility tags and set the desired one.
  1. Load more activity