All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @Joe Tauser Thank you for posting the full table--and thank you again for your orginal alert regarding that bug 🙂 It has indeed been repaired, and will be released with the fix with the next Unilogic version!
  3. Today
  4. No, it just changes the access credentials to the PLC (the program will continue running). After you change it, then every person that will want to communicate with the PLC through UniLogic, will need to know the password.
  5. Hi @Cara Bereck Levy, Your attention on that point please. Thanks! Rivka
  6. Hi, may i know how to access Unilog_tmp file when i upload log. based on the picture above, what happen if we change the password? is that the program will go offline after change the password?
  7. I ran into that bug in the Help, too. I was told it will be fixed in the next release, but here's the repaired table: Joe T.
  8. Yesterday
  9. When adding a new modbus operation, i.e., a "Registers Periodic", at the end of the row, there is a "Status" to be add for monitoring individual operation. When link a tag to the status filed to contain the Modbus transaction status, I can get a "-2" to show on my HMI screen. When I look at the Help page, the table for status codes is not shown correctly. Would you please help to show the complete content of this table. Thanks!
  10. Duct tape is probably the cheapest solution. And in fact, in several modern Siemens 1200 series, I already replaced the ethernet controller chip due to a short circuit that completely blocked the operation of the PLC. I don't know the reasons. I did not encounter any problems with the ethernet controller in the Unitronics PLC.
  11. Hi, I may have mentioned it wrong. I want the PLC to initiate a data table download. How can I do that. Write now I’m using Ethernet(Call) feature and scheduling to export excel files to the PC every 12hours. But I want PLC to initiate the excel file send to the PC, when the Data table is fully entered. How will I achieve that ? Please give me feedback. Give me an example code if possible.
  12. It doesn't pause anything. The Timer Out bit just doesn't pass power flow until the timer expires.
  13. Hello, I have a question regarding timers and I seem to be finding conflicting information during my research. If I am using an ON TIMER on a rung of my ladder logic to delay something from happening, does that timer pause the entire program execution, or does it just pause execution on that particular rung? Will the other rungs continue to execute while this timer is waiting to expire? Thanks.
  14. I would suggest to contact Support. I had an issue once with a new UniStream that gave me "Invalid MAC Address" msg on power-up. Same thing with the CPU being in stop mode. Tech support had to do a remote connection through my laptop to fix the issue. It was quite involved and not something that could have been solved simply by providing instructions to follow.
  15. Hello, I have an inquiry into support for this but figured I would post here also. I just upgraded a modular Unistream (USP-156-B10) from version 1.24.21 to 1.34.78 and now get an Invalid Serial Number message when controller reboots. The CPU is in stop mode also. I am able to enter Uniapps and toggle to run mode but my customer will not have access to Uniapps. I appreciate any help in advance, Thanks
  16. Just change the PLC model in the program temporarily to test, then change it back. I don't program UniStream very often, but it seems like I've done this successfully in the past.
  17. A problem which did not exist with Vision series, but exists in UniStream PLC: - You want to test some new PLC code. - In the field, there is USC-B5-T42 PLC installed and working. - But you have a USC-B5-B1 to test out your code (for example). There is no simulator in UniLogic. Only way to test your code is to load it into a real PLC. But problem is that UniLogic doesn't allow you to download a user app if PLC model is different. For example downloading a T42 into a B1 version of PLC and vice versa. It means you basically must have each type of USC PLC on stock to verify certain application modifications, or to do it on-site. Alternatively you just forget about having onboard I/Os on the PLC, and only go with B1 variants. A solution to this could be as easy as putting a checkbox in UniLogic settings, to report I/O mismatch as warnings, not compilation errors.
  18. Hello, I am working with a vision130, a while ago I made a program with version 9.8.31 of visiologic, I updated my system to the latest version and now I need this version to work remotely. Could I get swapper version 9.8.31? Can I work with another swapper version that allows me to dump the program remotely?
  19. Because even in the cleanest of panels, dust still somehow settles on components. And if the Ethernet port is exposed on the top side, it's bound to catch it. Add a few unattended years of service, and that RJ-45 port is seriously filled with things you don't want to be in. Siemens solved this problem by putting Ethernet ports on the lower side of PLCs. Even Vision PLCs have a side mounted jack. But not USCs. Guess I'll be shopping for some rubber plugs...
  20. Check your Unitronics front panel for a small opening on the lower side. That's the speaker grill. It has a sponge dust isolation, but maybe the caustic materials are somehow seeping in through that hole. Might be worth sealing that hole (if you don't need sound) and trying if the problem persists.
  21. Last week
  22. Good afternoon, can be used to draw a graph(trend) of type blocks such as "TREND CONFIG" and "TREND DRAW" in PLC V560? Thnx
  23. Thank you for reply, but it seems impossible. I'm trying to perform position control of the servo via terminal inputs for days without absolutely any sign of progress. Everything in this servo is so unnecessarily overcomplicated. I have connected pulse frequency output of controller to PULS+ and PULS- inputs of the servo, trying different frequencies - no success, motor is not rotating and registers 0817-081A ("Setting Pulse Counter") are all 0, and 080B ("Input state") is 0, and 080E ("Pulse setting") is 0. The Pn004 is H0000, Pn005 is H1111. Have anybody ever succeeded in rotating servo by N steps using terminal input control? If yes, could you please fill in this simple form: "First, I've connected _________ to terminal __________, ........ (minimum of necessary connections) _________ to terminal __________, Then I've set following parameters this way: _________ is set to value __________, ....... (minimum of necessary parameters) _________ is set to value __________. After that, when I applied signal with frequency ___________ Hz and pulse width __________ ms, and ______________________________________________________________ (whatever else actions necessary), Servo motor rotated by __________ number_of_steps/degrees/any_other_units."
  24. Currently, you have no way of defining an enum, or defining that a function-in is of type enum.
  25. In a process which will be periodically started and stopped we would like to store the output control value when pid is stopped and load this as a starting value again when the process starts again. Is this possible?
  26. I am controlling a VFD via modbus where there is a forward bit and a reverse bit in a command word. I need to implement logic to set/reset the bits based on the direction the VFD needs to move and I want this logic to be wrapped up in a single user defined function block using an enum as the input to protect against invalid arguments being passed. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this but I've tried using the clunky LIST feature which did not work. I know some of the UniLogic supplied blocks do this. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?
  27. Your error message says "No Application". It means what it says. You need to reload the application, either from VisiLogic or an SD card. This was likely caused by a power cycle with a dead battery. Unless you have a clone file on an SD card, you will need to reload the application and re-enter all user-configurable settings.
  1. Load more activity