initialising enfora modem

Hi,

Please check the following:

1. Check if the Sim Card is inserted correctly to the modem.

2. Is the sim card protected with a pin code?

3. Is the Sim card open for data communication (contact you cellular provider).

4. In Modem services, enter your cell phone number in the "Number to Dial" box. Then press "SMS Options". From the SMS Options window, enter some text in the "Send Message" box, and press "Send SMS message". you should receive the message in your cell phone.

If you cannot receive the message, or getting a modem error message, please let me know.

Hi laporbr,

Please do not use "Report this to a moderator" as a reply in topic, as nobody can see it .

Next I will paste what you sent in "Report this to a moderator".

==========================================================================

laporbr
laporbr

Members

3 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Eyal Koren, on 29 Jan 2015 - 4:25 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi,

Please check the following:

1. Check if the Sim Card is inserted correctly to the modem.

2. Is the sim card protected with a pin code?

3. Is the Sim card open for data communication (contact you cellular provider).

4. In Modem services, enter your cell phone number in the "Number to Dial" box. Then press "SMS Options". From the SMS Options window, enter some text in the "Send Message" box, and press "Send SMS message". you should receive the message in your cell phone.

If you cannot receive the message, or getting a modem error message, please let me know.

Hi ,
i have another modem Wavecom and i tried the sim card in this one . This modem is/ was allready initialised . With this modem it works perfect so it can't be the sim card .

when i try to remove the phone nr in the number to dial i get runtime error 70 permission denied .
any other suggestions ?

Hi laporbr,

Please do not use "Report this to a moderator" as a reply in topic, as nobody can see it .

Next I will paste what you sent in "Report this to a moderator".

==========================================================================

laporbr
laporbr

Members

3 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Eyal Koren, on 29 Jan 2015 - 4:25 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi ,

i have another modem Wavecom and i tried the sim card in this one . This modem is/ was allready initialised . With this modem it works perfect so it can't be the sim card .

when i try to remove the phone nr in the number to dial i get runtime error 70 permission denied .

any other suggestions ?

The permission denied error may point to bad dll registration issues. Please try to reinstall Visilogic with administrator privileges. To do that right click on the installation file, select properties and press the Unblock button. Then run the file as administrator. From the installation menu select Repair.

Please let me know if that solved the problem

Hello ,

i have even used a computer with windows xp where i have full administartive rights on it . I can initialise the enfora modem GSM1308 by using the modem services and then

prepare plc side modem .  It's starts running and doesn 't give any error or  alarm . ( initialised with the cable deliverd with the modem ) . when i then connect it to the M90 with the standard program cable and the connector MJ10-22)CS72 and try to work with the plc programme

1 first initialise ( set bit SB180 and see if SB181 comes high . this is not happening ???

baudrate is set to 9600

remark : i use the identical software and the same Sim card in a wavecom modem and the it's working .

in attachement the program ( line 40 is initialising the modem and line 41 is send test sms

suggestions ?

What should exactly be in the initialising commands ?

this is what is standard in the field ( adjusted baudrate to 9600 )

i have also tried with hyperterminal but don't find a reason ?

the bit SI 70 is showing value 2

AT&F
WAIT 5
GOBR 115200
AT+CPIN=^XXXX^
WAIT 3
ATS0=1
ATE0
AT&C1
AT&D0
ATX4
ATQ0