Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Num to ASCII'.
Found 1 result
Question/Issue: Do certain function blocks only work correctly in the !Main Routine? Even if they are in a subroutine that is called every cycle? Hardware: V570-57-T10 with multiple I/O Expansions Hardware OS: 3.9 (06) Software: 9.7.44 Build 0 Had an unusual issue popping up while attempting to write a delimited line to Excel CSV, also ran into the same problem with the Num to ASCII function block. 1) Any time I use the Create Delimited Line function block using the System Date/Time SI's to create a custom string and three ML, then attempted to write out the results to the SD card, the date-time string would process fine but all the ML data would populate to Zero regardless of the value stored in the ML. Each line in the CSV would look like this: Example Bad Output: 2015-10-21-1507:36,0,0,0 2015-10-21-1507:39,0,0,0 2015-10-21-1507:45,0,0,0 2) Next I attempted to use Num to ASCII to create a string. The value stored in the target MI for the string always remained zero and attempting to reference the target MI for Create Delimited Line resulted in the same CSV output above. 3) Out of curiosity I moved the Num to ASCII to !Main Routine and for no apparent reason the target MI now populated with a results as intended. In fact, the output is now correct but only when I run the FB's in !Main, anywhere else and I get bad output. Example Good Output: 2015-10-21-1527:18,91.121,91.081,.0400 4) Additional thoughts -The routine that I'm placing the Function block isn't being called. Not an issue. I tested this in Subroutines that I know are being called, and regardless of which subroutine I put them in, they fail to function while all other logic in the subroutine performs as intended. The blocks only function in !Main Routine.