Calibration - it's a trap.

stembera

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

my customer made a mistake when using Remote Operator. He unintentionally entered a system menu and subsequently clicked to "Touch screen calibration". The text "Not supported" appeared on Remote Operator screen and I did not find any way to get back to user displays.

Please tell me if there is a possibility to block a touch screen calibration for remote users or if there is a escape from that trap.

Thank you for advice,

Michal

Hi Michal,

Please provide more information to give you better advice.

OPLC model, for example, versions of Windows, VisiLogic, Remote Operator, system software versions.

B.R.

I am sorry, I forgot to provide the technical data:

The Vision model is V1040, hardware rev. A, SN LP0100594, OS version 3.3(20). The program was created under the VisiLogic 9.3.1, version of Remote Operator is 1.0.30 (the newest one, I hope). That issue I observed for the first time from the DELL laptop computer with OS MS Windows 7 Pro CZ.

Thank you for cooperation,

Michal

I know that you can set the time you need to touch the screen in order to get into the Info (and as much as I recall, you can even disable it), so you can disable by this way also the access to the calibration.

I don't remember any SB to SI that disables only the calibration (But I'm sure that our support knows better, and there are also documents about those SBs/SIs).

Either way, I'm not sure that it is possible to block touch screen calibration or info only for remote users.