Interposing Timers

Hello

I am new to Unitronics OPLC's. Most of my experience has been with RS Logix programing software, The Unitronic was highly recommended to me. I really like the idea of a PLC and HMI in a single package.

I decided to start working with the Jazz unit and the U90 software. I printed out the tutorial and followed it line by line. I think that gave me a good starting point for the basic layout of the U90 software and how the HMI interfaces with the logic,

My first couple projects I wanted to start working on require me to interpose from 2 too 4 timers. What my definition of interposing timers (right or wrong) is timers that start / hold each other. An example of this would an aeration system where I would energize a solenoid for a short time then pauses for a short time.

I am attaching an image of how I would do this in the logix software.

Thanks for the help

Michael

post-8175-058824900 1331683610_thumb.jpg

I have been working with the example provide most of the morning. I have been trying to expand to a 4 timer cycle with no success.

I'm not sure if I just have a mental block or if I'm just thick headed? But after spending a few hours on it I think it's time to set my pride aside and re post on the subject.

The application I have in mind for the 4 timer cycle would be a reversing motor starter.

Timer 1) Run Motor Forward

Timer 2) Pause #A between motor direction change

Timer 3) Run Motor Reverse

Timer 4) Pause #B between motor direction change / reset timer cycle.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks again for the help

Michael

Joe

Thanks again for the help.

I'm thinking that great minds think alike. Yesterday afternoon I thought of the same process that you suggested on the integer management. Then to control the outputs based on the integer value.

I took a few additional nets to complete my "Timer Loop" than you but in the end we both use the same concept.

Now that I am able to run these timer functions I think the rest of my first Unitronics OPLC project will fall right into place.

Thanks again for the help I greatly appreciate it

Michael

4 timer swap.U90

• 1 year later...

Joe

Thanks again for the help.

I'm thinking that great minds think alike. Yesterday afternoon I thought of the same process that you suggested on the integer management. Then to control the outputs based on the integer value.

I took a few additional nets to complete my "Timer Loop" than you but in the end we both use the same concept.

Now that I am able to run these timer functions I think the rest of my first Unitronics OPLC project will fall right into place.

Thanks again for the help I greatly appreciate it

Michael

Hi Michael, Can you help me out I'm a first time user also and I need to make a ladder with timer functions also, your timer functions are working well I only need to work with end switches as well. This means I will have a puls and pauze on motor right untill I reach the end swich for motor right. After that I need to activate motor left on a puls pause untill this reach end switch for motor left. Can you advise me on this please. Wim

Hi, I'm a first time user of the U90 also, I need to use a puls pause also, also with the reverse mode in it. only diferent is that i need a puls pause on one direction untill I reach a end switch, after that I need to activate the other running direction on the motor untill second end switch and than go to first step again. Can some body advise me on this please.

Here is a very simple set of program nets to run left and right. This program will rely on the end limit switches making and staying made until the machine starts driving the other direction. The system is also expecting a momentary start button (a maintained button will make this program not work correctly. You have one second delay timers for each direction so the system will run in one direction until a limit switch is made, stop, and one second later go the other direction.

Run right And left simple

Good luck

Keith