Hey all..

Can anyone give me some insight on how to create a button with a password attached? I cannot seem to make a button with a password, only text password strings. I would like to have a button with an image that goes to a supervisor screen that is password protected.

Yes, I know I am still a newbie!

Thanks in Advance.

Nick

You did not say what vision series you are using but here is the answerfor V350s and greater. In the HMI menu bar there is a numbers function, a Pasword, and a numeric range object you can place on screen. Just place the password object on screen and fill in the blanks.

On PLCs that do not have password object then just put up a number entry object then in the ladder say that when the value entered equals the password you want go to the needed screen. Don't forget to reset the MI of the entered value to 0 as soon as you get to the desired screen or your PLC will appear to be locked up and not let you leave the screen it jumps to (because the value you check to be equal will always be true until you force it to something else).

Keith

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On 5/4/2012 at 6:54 PM, NickCivco said:

Hey all..

Can anyone give me some insight on how to create a button with a password attached? I cannot seem to make a button with a password, only text password strings. I would like to have a button with an image that goes to a supervisor screen that is password protected.

Yes, I know I am still a newbie!

Thanks in Advance.

Nick

Can you share us your idea for password