Smartphone, Tablet,... ?

This morning, while taking a coffee, I was considering next idea : shouldn't it be great to have the "remote access" or the "remote operator" software running on a smartphone or tablet PC ?

Then we are done with all the problems of the enhanced webserver, where from time to time it stops running (only a cold reset -power OFF/ON can help).

Then we are using the screens of the OPLC to control our project, instead of making some html pages.

To access my OPLC without any problems, I now use "teamviewer" to access a PC who can execute the remote operator software ! and this works nice !

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've used ScadaMobile by SweetWilliams for Apple products (Iphone and Ipad). I use Modbus Gem 2.2 which is unlimited use for Modbus and is in the $30 range I believe. I used the Android App previously mentioned for use with Android products. Still waiting on a product for Windows 8 products. I think there is only one app currently to check basic connection and a few values.

now we need an win based PC to run remote operator of remote access.

When You make this work on a android based of apple based (ipad?) system, then we have a very powerfull system, because we only need to program the PLC and not some difficult HTML pages !

An yes, I want to control the PLC from Tampa to Sofia.

The amount of users ? I think 1 at a time is enough, because you are using the screens of the PLC (like you are in front of the PLC)

"... We are discussing this idea very seriously. I'm pretty sure we will do it, but don't know how much time ti will take."

Just a point to consider:

May be the way is to embed in the PLC a messaging client of Message-oriented middleware as FB, for example HornetQ?

"HornetQ is an open source project to build a multi-protocol, embeddable, very high performance, clustered, asynchronous messaging system"

This will give an easy way to connect controllers and PC applications anywhere in the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

started this topic one year ago, but still no app to download ?

I found something in the app store for Ipad customers : the software HMI draw from sweetwilliamsl.com -> price 0.99 $ of 0.89 €

I bougth this, tested it and approved 100 % good.

But you have still a lot af programming to do !