• MVP 2023

My latest project requires the "Trends" functionality available on the color vision products. This is a function I haven't used before and I'm trying to pick it up from the Help files. One of the Help topics says: "To learn more about Trends, check Trends - Color Vision.vlp in the Help> Examples", but I do not find that in my version of Visilogic (9.4.0). I also can't find it online at the Unitronics website. Anyone know where to find this? Also, I seem to recall a Webinar about Trends at one point in time, but it doesn't appear to be here anywhere. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I saw that Unitronics was asking for suggestions for webinars - Trends would definitely be a good one.

The built in SD trend example is in Version 900\Project Examples\SD\V570_SD_Card_Trend_Read_Write_Append

We do have a webinar that covers the regular trend function, it is labeled as "Analog". SD trends is a great idea for a future webinar thou, I have already added it to my list. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Not with the built in trends found in the Enhanced series of controllers, however it is possible using the old function block method. There are some great examples in visilogic (Version 900\Project Examples\Trends\)

You can store all your XY points in a data table and use the trend function blocks to draw the line on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Im Having an issue with the trending, i am taking a resulting value from a math routine and trying to trend the result, it works fine till i open the page to watch the real time tranding, but when im on the page the resulting value drops down to 1 and stays there till i move off the page, once off the page then the resulting value returns to the expected value

In the trends HMI element, what do you have set for the "Link" operand. This should be set to a new operand and not the value you want to trend. It will store the value of the current curve you are looking at. My guess is you may have it set to the value you want to trend and when you go to the HMI screen it is being set to 1, for curve 1.

Not with the built in trends found in the Enhanced series of controllers, however it is possible using the old function block method. There are some great examples in visilogic (Version 900\Project Examples\Trends\)

You can store all your XY points in a data table and use the trend function blocks to draw the line on the screen.

Would you be able to mention the specific examples you are referring to here? I was looking through the sample programs there and not really coming across anything regarding this (from my perspective).

• 2 months later...

this one :) hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions

Hi Ryan,

I'm really battling with Trends, graphs, plots etc... the 'Help' files are extremely vague.

I would like to take a screenshot of a waveform on my Oscilloscope, and display it on my Vision 1040.

I've managed to successfully pull data from an Oscilloscope via GPIB and store it in MI's or a DT.

What is the best way to display the captured waveform (stored in the DT or MI's) on my HMI?

I've tried using the concepts within the examples 'V280_Trend_History.vlp' & 'V570_Draw graph_5.vlp'... but find that the Trend methods to be sluggish - moving data bit by bit with each scan cycle is time consuming.

Is there an instruction or means to copy an entire DT or range of MI's to the Trend buffer, and display it within a couple of Scans?

• 8 years later...