M91 project - HMI question

Hey all... another new project for the M91-2-R1... I really like this device!

Anyhow, I'm having trouble with what I thought would be a 'simple' HMI task. I have setup a number of 'display' screens, each with a numerical input variable. I then created 2 'jump conditions' on each screen... one that advances the display 'number' to the next screen for additional inputs, and a second condition that "ends" the inputs if the Zero Key is pressed.

For some reason, the 'jump' if Zero is pressed isn't working. I even tried a Ladder (net) that has a P (rising) contact to change the display if Zero is pressed... no joy.

Ideas to try? :rolleyes:

~Mike

• MVP 2014

If you are in keypad entry mode (flashing cursor) the key-press events are dedicated to the keypad entry function, so they are not processed by the ladder or the jump conditions. SB39 can be used to force the keypad entries to be complete. Without running a test myself I am not 100% how you would set SB39 from the keypad while a keypad entry is active. But you can use it, for example, to load a screen without having the keypad entries active. Then you can use a keypress to activate the keypad entries (store SI2 to SI2 - see http://forum.unitron...fresh#entry6954)

Thanks, Simon!

What I ended up doing was to use a simple compare function, to check if the 'previous' screen (and variable) is equal to zero, then set the current display to be the 'ending' screen... works great!

I am waiting for a shaft encoder to arrive to try the next part of this project... I'm sure there will be more questions! ^_^

~Mike

• 4 weeks later...

OK... the encoder is working, and the display is showing the correct values.

The problem I'm having now is: I have a 'compare' function that fires an output (Output 0) if the value of the count is between two other values. That works if I only have one 'net' (rung) that does the compare and output... but, if I have more than one net that fires the same output, the first one never fires. (actually the output can't be fired at all, even in 'online' mode)

I would certainly hope that I could have more than one instance of the same output on many different nets... it's as if the second net is inhibiting the first, and so on.

~Mike

Hi Mike,

The last condition that the controller sees the output in the logic/subroutines is the condition it will write to the output. Therefore if you had a 2 rung program with 2 compare statements where the first net will energize the coil and the second net is false and does not energize the coil, the coil will never energize, as the last statment tells the output to turn off. If you are using multiple instances of the same output it is recommended to use set and reset coils. With this method the set condition of the first command will not be reset by the logic it sees later in the net. It will be reset only by a reset coil. You will have to program a condition to reset the output.

Thanks Michael_P... I put in the Set /Reset output, but now I have issues with the logic. Can I post this project somewhere so someone can look at what I've done and offer suggestions as to how to make it work? I am hesitant to just put it up for the general public, as I hope to make this into a 'for sale' solution. It will take more than a few paragraphs of typing just to describe how it's supposed to work! ~Mike

• 2 weeks later...