• MVP 2023

There is no conversion program that I know of. All your ladder code can be copied directly into a new project for a V570, but, based on my experience, you will have to develop new HMI graphics for the color screen. Also, if you were using the keyboard pushbuttons on the V280 panel, you will have to update that logic and design the HMI user interface for input by touchscreen rather than the pushbuttons. I'm not sure, but you may have to make some modifications to the I/O. Good luck!

• MVP 2023

It's in Visilogic-

Open your V280 program and use the menu Project->Convert Project to Color.  The conversion program will tell you changes you have to deal with, such as Hide Vars function blocks.  As Flex727 points out, you'll have to make buttons to emulate the function keys.  

The screens will come through in a mostly usable format, but you'll want to go through them all and take advantage the additional screen functionality.

Joe T.

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023

You are correct about the conversion direction, Flex.  There's no handy tool to downgrade from color to monochrome.  That's just crazy talk.

It's not a frequently used utility, but in my role as a distributor I've had this request before when customers have wanted to go from a V130 to a V350.  This conversion is no where near as painless as the V280->V570 because of the significant difference in resolution.  I ran the V280 conversion on one of my old programs before I answered the post just to make sure it did indeed work on the standard instruction models.

Joe T.

• Upvote 1