Display a string on HMI

tmoulder

• External Moderators

Hi all!
We have string data types available now, and a whole category of ladder stuff for searching and manipulating them,never the less, I cannot find any way to display a string on the HMI (analog to the ASCII String variable in VisiLogic).

Where is this hide?  Is there a way to invoke a variable within a fixed (or other) text object?

• External Moderators

Thanks!  Also, is it possible to:

1.  Change the background and font color of the text box from the program?  I used to make extensive use of the "Mark" bit in Visilogic.

2.  Failing that, add the "Tag:Link" to the Binary Text box so I can change the text there, and use the linked bit to change the color?

Thanks,

TM

• 1 month later...

Disable view: I will like to have the disable view available in all the types of variables. Right now the disable color is mixing with the original color so it’s not possible to have all the colors you want. I try the transparent option (disable color set as transparent) but nothing happened.

Texts: I didn’t find a way to write multi-line text. It seems that right now you can only write one line texts or variables. I really need the multi-line option. I really like the Visilogic way (clicking enter), but if you need a new command en Unilogic, so be it, but please add the multi-line option.

Fixed Images: I really will like to have the set proportional command in image variables too.

Custom Colors: I need to save my personal colors, because right now you need to select your own color for each type of object you put in the display. It’s taking too much time and sometimes some you can’t match precisely a custom color, please let us save our own colors or put the RGB values so we can match our own colors.

The disable color is just an overlay on the element, so if you put a transparent overlay on the element, then you won't see any change.

In order to write multi-line text, don't click enter, but Shift+Enter (like in facebook and other websites). I'll suggest making the Enter to do Line-Feed instead of submiting.

Custom Colors:

In version 1.2.R5 the Color selection has been upgraded. The advanced color picker allows you to copy and paste (and also type) text to the "New Color" text box

post-2-0-51756400-1386227333_thumb.png

post-2-0-07580100-1386227342_thumb.png

post-2-0-06492700-1386227357_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

The disable color is just an overlay on the element, so if you put a transparent overlay on the element, then you won't see any change.

In order to write multi-line text, don't click enter, but Shift+Enter (like in facebook and other websites). I'll suggest making the Enter to do Line-Feed instead of submiting.

Custom Colors:
In version 1.2.R5 the Color selection has been upgraded. The advanced color picker allows you to copy and paste (and also type) text to the "New Color" text

Disable color: can you change the overlay thing? I was working on a Demo, I want BLUE color in normal mode and RED color in disabe mode. With the overlay structure I can´t have that combination of colors. I am getting blue and purple!