(Relatively) High-Speed Data Logging

I have a project for which I believe a V1210 would be a perfect fit.  The machine is simple - one large motor driven by a "smart" driver which performs all PID control, only needs Start/Stop/Enable input from the V1210 (possibly down the road add target speed output from V1210 to Motor Driver).  The machine runs intermittently performing tests, each test runs for roughly 3 minutes then stops.

The tricky bit I'm running in to (as I look for controller options) is that I need to read and log two analog inputs at something like 100Hz.  In a perfect world, I'd even like to be able to display one of these analog inputs as the Y value on a line graph with a cycle-count as the X value (display obviously does not have to be at 100Hz).

Looks like there is more than enough time as far as analog input scan time and conversion time, but I'm not sure about being able to write/log values at this rate.  Also not sure about being able to integrate that logged information into a real-time graph as mentioned above.

Does this seems like a reasonably good fit?

• MVP 2014

You should have no trouble logging this to internal Data Table memory at 100Hz.  Not sure about logging at that rate to the SD card.  But you could log to internal memory at high speed and then transfer the data to SD card a block at a time.

The timebase on the trend sampling only allows you down to 100ms resolution, so the fastest sample rate for the trend graph is 10Hz.

• Upvote 2

You should have no trouble logging this to internal Data Table memory at 100Hz.  Not sure about logging at that rate to the SD card.  But you could log to internal memory at high speed and then transfer the data to SD card a block at a time.

The timebase on the trend sampling only allows you down to 100ms resolution, so the fastest sample rate for the trend graph is 10Hz.

Thank you, Simon!  Exactly what I was hoping to hear - especially since our proposal was accepted including this equipment yesterday.  A new Unitronics customer is born!