User-interface in Jazz

Guest JanneH

Hey there!

Iam designing electrics for hydraulic press. Among other functions one of its features is adjustable pressing-time, ie. workman/woman types in desirable time (0.5 - 8 minutes).

I wonder how easily/userfriendly it can be done by Jazz's function-keys and display.

My other question is about if its possible to feed hydraulic-valve with -10V -- +10V controlvoltage by Jazz and how easily that can be done via functionkeys/display.

tia, Janne

Entering a timer value can be done very easily as there is a designated variable for this uses which can be displayed on the screen and can be set from the screen.

In order to give you a definite answer about the valve we need more information about it.

However, in general, Jazz controller seems very suitable for such an application.

It seem that valve-controlling is ruled out, since there is no analog-outputs in JZ10-11-R16 and I dont like to stretch Our budget by choosing more expensive model.

Is there any way to test (simulate the program-ladder in PC without having Jazz-unit connected?

Its been about 20 years since My last time with PLC's and it seems that things have changed a bit, so Iam afraid there is a "small" chance, that My desing doesnt work flawlesly in first run.

-Janne-

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, back in business. My account went in guest-state for some reason.

I've recieved My Jazz-unit and tried some basic-functions of it.

Debug-function causes some troubles to Me. How do I simulate inputs, for example... I have limit-switch or push-button on Input-0, witch activates Output-0. During debug I can active Output-0 but not Input-0.

Another problematic-part is how to set and view time to timer by using Jazz's keypad and display like shown below.

Line1: Cookingtime: 05:30 <- desired time, set by user via keypad

Line2: Finished at: 02:32 <- cooking on progress, time left until finished.

Iam very much appreciated of any help, thanks

Janne H.

• 5 weeks later...

And here We go again.

I managed to get display/input working, but...

A timer's current value can be changed at any time , including when the timer is active. The new value can be either greater or smaller than the previous value; storing 0 into a timer's current value stops it immediately

So I tried that above. Timer is running down from 05:00 minutes but if I enter new (smaller) value via keypad it doesnt effect on current active value, but only for preset-value.

So how do I set this up, so end-user can change timer while its running? (eg. user enters 55 minutes instead of 55 seconds and would like to enter correct value while timer is running)

Problem n:o 2

This machine has heating-system which has to go on 2 hours before workers come to work (pre-heating). Since I cant say for fact, that 2 hours is what is needed for every day,

I've created 7 displays, one for every weekday, where user can set time when heating goes ON and another time when heating goes OFF

For example Display 2 "Heating-Monday" with two variables MI 0 for Heating ON and MI 1 for heating OFF. Both variables are Time Functions, hour (CT) format.

And question is, how do I set Output 5 active everyday according to those entered values. (eg. heating ON at Monday from 05:00 to 16:00)

-Janne-

Hi,

The timer format MM:SS:hh used in the keypad entry variable forces the timer resolution to 1 second, so you get an accuracy of ±1 second.

if you will change the timer format to SS:hh this will not happen.

Please note after the keypad entry is completed the timer resolution changes and the non-relevant digits are zeroed. Timer resolution changes according to the following rules:

In case that the chosen variable format is HH:MM:SS.hh: The best resolution according to the entered value is selected automatically.

For other variable formats the following table applies, regardless of the entered value:

Entry-Variable Format Timer Resolution After Entry is Finished

HH:MM:SS 10 seconds

HH:MM 10 seconds

MM:SS.hh 1 second

MM:SS 1 second

MM 1 second

SS.hh 10 milliseconds

SS 10 milliseconds

2. There is also a time function in ladder. Please use indirect clock function and link the relevant MIs (Which you used in the display).

Then you can set a net -- Day of the Week --indirect Hour -- (O5)

My previous message wont show for some reason.

About My first problem, I didnt understood what that resolution does in this case.

What I was looking for is this:

User enters timer-value via keypad,lets say 11 minutes and 30 seconds (11:30)

Once conditions are met in ladder, timer starts running.

At some point user finds out, that 11 min 30 sec was too long and would like to change new time to 4 minutes 15 seconds (04:15) or cancel whole procedure by entering 00:00.

At the moment user can enter an new value, which is displayed on screen and on debug-tool, but timer still keeps counting down from the original value (11:30), while I would like it to continue counting down from new value.

I got that issue n:o 2 mostly solved, but theres stil some tweaking to do.

At the moment I have Display 1 for timer setup/ current countdown and seven displays for each weekdays.

Using arrowup- and arrowdown-keys I can scroll up and down (monday-tuesday-wednesday an so on)

My problem here is, that on each display, I have to "type in" ON- and OFF-values before I can jump on next display (day).

Is there easy way to make it so, I can use Up/Down-arrowkeys to change screens up and down and once I have preferred display on screen, I use Right-arrow to active that day and only then I need to enter new values for that day.

Hope that above makes any sense :)

Regards, Janne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As for your first question, I would like to refer you to the help file.

Search for Store Timer's Preset/Current Value. I hope this will resolve all you questions.

Regarding your second question, you don't need to enter any values, pressing Enter is sufficient.

But you can also use the following method to fix this:

Create another HMI which is identical to the first one but have the ON/OFF variable to be not keypad entry.

create a condition which decides which of the HMIs we be displayed.

Hi,

As for your first question, I would like to refer you to the help file.

Search for Store Timer's Preset/Current Value. I hope this will resolve all you questions.

Thanks. System is now up and running.

My first impression was like "oh dear RTFM-advice" (i have had the help-file open couple weeks now, with no luck) but behold, re-reading it once more made Me understand whats the difference between Storing/Loading. :)

Looking forward to next project (hopefully I dont need to wait another 10-25 years for it)

Best regards, Janne

• 5 months later...

At the moment I have Display 1 for timer setup/ current countdown and seven displays for each weekdays.

Using arrowup- and arrowdown-keys I can scroll up and down (monday-tuesday-wednesday an so on)

My problem here is, that on each display, I have to "type in" ON- and OFF-values before I can jump on next display (day).

Is there easy way to make it so, I can use Up/Down-arrowkeys to change screens up and down and once I have preferred display on screen, I use Right-arrow to active that day and only then I need to enter new values for that day.

Hope that above makes any sense :)

Regards, Janne

Hi Janne, I know this is a few months old, but there is a better way of achieving the above without creating duplicate screens. SB 39 - See screenshot.

post-193-080799200 1309904339_thumb.jpg