Datatable with decimal point

Hi Folks

I am starting to write some datatables which will log temperatures in cold rooms.

I intend to export the tables to excel using DATAXPORT.

The values will be negative values with one decimal place such as -23.5 degrees C.

If i set up the data table with an integer I am sure I will get a value such as -235 or -23500.

Is there any way to export the value in its proper format or will I need to get Excel to do the calculation.

My intention was to automate the full process with the datatables being downloaded every night and the operator just needing to print these out in the morning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Denis

Hi Folks

I am starting to write some datatables which will log temperatures in cold rooms.

I intend to export the tables to excel using DATAXPORT.

The values will be negative values with one decimal place such as -23.5 degrees C.

If i set up the data table with an integer I am sure I will get a value such as -235 or -23500.

Is there any way to export the value in its proper format or will I need to get Excel to do the calculation.

My intention was to automate the full process with the datatables being downloaded every night and the operator just needing to print these out in the morning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Denis

Hi,

It can be done alternatively without changing logic or disturbing yur data table if you are using data export.

The data export extracts the data table value in MS EXcel sheet1. you can prepare sheet 2 with formula you want (for getting decimals use divided by 10 or 100 ) related with sheet 1 cells. now store it in excel template folder located inside dataexport installed path. 

Now while fetching data using data export in the left bottom corner of dataxport window, select use excel template.

then you will get decimal value or e-mc square so on in excel sheet 2 in the sheet 1 your datatable value will be there.

Regards,

Jerin

After you create the data table right-click at the top of one of the columns and choose "Edit Column".  You'll see that Float is a choice under "Type".

You'll have to convert the data to MF in logic before you write it.

Joe T.

Thanks Joe

I was thinking of trying that but i thought there might have been a simpler way of reading the value directly.

Regards

Denis