modbus tcp remote io

Hello all

im trying to get a remote modbus tcp io with relay output to work with v570.

what i cant understand so far is how to communicate with this device.

how do i set relay channel.

do i use force coil in the modbus ip fB and how do i connect this with the channel in the remote io.

how do i configure the v570 to talk to this device.

i have tryed 2days now and not got anything to work.

any help or example is very welcome

the io i use is moxa-iologik e1214.

if this unit not able to speek with unitronics plc. please tell.

Dear Tester 2,

You need ot know:

- If your slave (Moxa supports TCP or UDP). I guess it's TCP, but anyway, check it.

- What is the IP number of your I/O module;

- What is the port number;

- What are the addresses of the relays there (Slave address table).

Having this information, you need ot set Vision FB Modbus IP to set coils with defined addresses. You can find working example about Modbus IP Master on VisiLogic > Help menu > Examples > ... > Project examples > Communication > Ethernet > Ethernet Modbus IP.

Helo emil

thanks for the replay.

i tryed to read the help files. but i cant figure this out.

i attached refrance adress for modbus.

Here are the info for the lan,port and protocal.

it support modbus /tcp.

if you can give me an example how to get one output to work i think i can see how this work and would be very greatfull for the tips.

can you give me a tips on full setup for activte lan card, socket etc??

by the way thanks for good support.

ioLogik E1200

Default IP Address 192.168.127.254

Default Netmask 255.255.255.0

LAN

Ethernet 2 x 10/100 Mbps switch ports, RJ45

Protection 1.5 KV magnetic isolation

Protocols Modbus/TCP, OPC Server, TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, Bootp, HTTP

ioLogik E1200 Network Port Usage

Port Type Usage

80 TCP Web console service

502 TCP Modbus/TCP communication

68 UDP BOOTP/DHCP

post-97-033655500 1291424968_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I created new application for V570 as MODBUS master which its IP address is 192.168.127.10 and by pressing on the write button it will set/reset the relay in address 0.

Basically after downloading the application you will need to press on the connect button then you should see "connected" indication on the HMI.

you can change the value to send by pressing on the ON/OFF button and then by pressing the write button it will send the value to the device and change the state of the relay.

V570 TCP master.vlp

Hi,

First of all indeed you are right, I forgot to set SB168 on power up.

Go to the operands window at the bottom and set in power up SB168 to 1.

Anyway this system bit is not the cause for the status 5 - when SB 168 is link lost recovery.

I took a look again on your slave addressing and noticed that for addresses 1-6 the MODBUS command supported is Read Coils #1.

Try replacing the Force Coils command with Read Coils #1 and then test again.

i have connection between the 2 units now. if i go to the webcontroll of the remote io it tels me that v570 is connected by modbus-tcp.

only problem now is to get the relay to act. as i dont understand how to set adresses.

i have tryed read coils and force coils. with start of vector to#1 and Vector Length to#1

Hi,

What was the result when you were using command Read Coils #1? What is the value in status messages?

If you are still unable to communicate then You can try first communicating with the device using MODSCAN32 software (or other MODBUS master software) in order to locate if the problem comes from the PLC, wiring or the device.

You can download MODSCAN32 from win tech: http://www.win-tech.com

Then you need to connect the drive to the PC using Ethernet and set the right communication parameters in MODSCAN32 application.

Please check that the communication works properly with the PC.

Hi,

What was the result when you were using command Read Coils #1? What is the value in status messages?

If you are still unable to communicate then You can try first communicating with the device using MODSCAN32 software (or other MODBUS master software) in order to locate if the problem comes from the PLC, wiring or the device.

You can download MODSCAN32 from win tech: http://www.win-tech.com

Then you need to connect the drive to the PC using Ethernet and set the right communication parameters in MODSCAN32 application.

Please check that the communication works properly with the PC.

Hello Ofir

I have now testet a modbus master simulator software and the remote io is responding and working.

But when i try to test a modbus slave simulator, i get no communication from the v570.

I have tested different setup but seems like this v570 modbus master.vlp is not workig as it should.

i do not understand what it is that are wrong in my setup.

Hi,

Which VisiLogic version are you using?

Which OS version installed on the PLC?

Make sure you are using Visilogic 8.6.3 and the latest OS 3.1(30)

If you still unable to use MODBUS with the device using V570 then attach the application you are using so i can test it on my desk.

Hi,

I tested your application using V570 as master and V130 as slave and it works properly.

Please try using other MODBUS commands as appeared in slave addressing you posted above. (For example command 1 read coils)

It seems that command 5 does not apear in the document you posted.

You can try also changing the register addresses.

i tested evry coomand with vo|ruis adresses. and its does not seems to work with the other units than unitronics own.

i have tested with modbus master simulator and evry normal function for modbus is working with the remote io. but nothing i put in the fuctions fb in v570 works.

i think this is realy strange

post-97-051820800 1292166492_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I tested your application using V570 as master and V130 as slave and it works properly.

Please try using other MODBUS commands as appeared in slave addressing you posted above. (For example command 1 read coils)

It seems that command 5 does not apear in the document you posted.

You can try also changing the register addresses.

hello after some testing i got the remote to work.

but my problem is that sometimes i sb150 seems to get lost. and then i have to activate mb7 to get it to work again.

is there any solutions to work around this so sb150 not get lost?

post-97-052216300 1292166506_thumb.jpg

post-97-051820800 1292166492_thumb.jpg

hello after some testing i got the remote to work.

but my problem is that sometimes i sb150 seems to get lost. and then i have to activate mb7 to get it to work again.

is there any solutions to work around this so sb150 not get lost?

If you are losing your socket connection it could be either an issue with your ethernet switch or simply a bad connection.

Hello Tester2,

I have had similar issues with this. Once connected you should not have any problems as long as the LAN is stable.

To connect I have had to use SB 7 right between your open contact of MB 7 and SB 142. Don't really know why but this has solved my issues before.

If you keep getting disconnects then you have LAN problems in this case try using a positive pulse in parallel between TCP CARD INIT and TCP/IP Socket Init.

Attached is a screen shot of the positive pulse thing. The INC function is a counter to keep track of the down times.

I this doesn't work may I see a copy of your program to mgarcia@rydindustrial.com

Regards,

post-120-029565800 1292862128_thumb.jpg