Eyal Koren

An invitation to suggest ideas for new UDFB's

I really love the unitronics plc. My only issue is that I am unable to use it for many applications as there is no facility to do an online edit. 

An example is a project I did a while back where I did conveyor line control for a bottling company. A lot of the changes were done live as it just isn’t practical to stop a 20000 bottle an hour filler/blower to make a small update on a conveyor. 

This may be off subject but a good time to put it out there. 

I have used the message box function to confirm/cancel a button action and this works well.

I think that a useful feature would be the ability to trigger a similar looking pop-up  message box to be displayed on the current HMI screen from the PLC ladder code in order to ask an operator to confirm/cancel an action or answer a yes/no question thereby setting bits for the ladder code to act on as part of the machine control process sequence.

On 7/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, stressed.dave said:

I have used the message box function to confirm/cancel a button action and this works well.

I think that a useful feature would be the ability to trigger a similar looking pop-up  message box to be displayed on the current HMI screen from the PLC ladder code in order to ask an operator to confirm/cancel an action or answer a yes/no question thereby setting bits for the ladder code to act on as part of the machine control process sequence.

Hi!
We have added your request to the list.

For now, we suggest that you can prepare "your own message box" using Custom controls,  or a rectangle with a text and 2 buttons; then assign a visibility bit to these elements and when you wish to pop up the message, you can set the visibility bit on.

Hi,

i'm struggeling to have a UDFB to store the PLC timestamp in a string with the following format: YYYY-MM-DD  HH:MM:SS

This is highly needed to insert timestamp values in SQL tables with the datatime field or timestamp field.

I tried to use the RTC to ASCII UDFB but this format is not possible, also not when combining strings.   A  simple UDFB should do wonders here