Replace Allen Bradley

Hello- We have many machines that use a panelview 300 micro HMI and a micrologix 1200 PLC alternatley the PLC's use an analog card for measuring temperature and speed. With the exception of the analog card the machines are only useing about 3 physical inputs and about 4-6 outputs. Panelview micro 300 are no longer being produced so I would like to try something with the same footprint and a color screen to give the machines an updated look for a suitible replacement. If this transformation was a success there would be many machines to update

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your post.

Unitronics offers various products that supports your configuration, with the main feature being an "all in one" solution of PLC+HMI combined.

Please write a detailed description of your system, including the following:

1. Number of I/O's - digital and  analog ( with analog IO's please mention desired resolution in bits).

2. Desired Screen size and technology - There are several screen sizes available, from 3.5" to 12.1" (in the "Vision" series). Most models consist of a color touchscreen, some of them have combined touchscreen and physical buttons and some are non touchscreen. Please define your requirements.

3. Environmental requirements - IP class, temperature ranges etc.

4. Please state the country you are operating from. We can connect you with our local distributor.

Best regards

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your post.

Unitronics offers various products that supports your configuration, with the main feature being an "all in one" solution of PLC+HMI combined.

Please write a detailed description of your system, including the following:

1. Number of I/O's - digital and  analog ( with analog IO's please mention desired resolution in bits).

2. Desired Screen size and technology - There are several screen sizes available, from 3.5" to 12.1" (in the "Vision" series). Most models consist of a color touchscreen, some of them have combined touchscreen and physical buttons and some are non touchscreen. Please define your requirements.

3. Environmental requirements - IP class, temperature ranges etc.

4. Please state the country you are operating from. We can connect you with our local distributor.

Best regards

There are many different machines but the ones we are looking to replace the PLC and HMI in have 5 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs also they have2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs for speed refence and temperature control through an rtd module. Temperature range should be 200f-600f The screen size is 3.5 inches and the resolution needs to be probably 14 bits for better control. I am in North America but the machines are world wide and many different enviroments. I work in the rebuild facility but am looking to get into new product development. I am educated in Allen Bradley brand of PLC's and HMI's but think this could be a very good replacement and I'm willing to experiment for the good of the company and would be doing this on my own to present to the right people.

There are many different machines but the ones we are looking to replace the PLC and HMI in have 5 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs also they have2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs for speed refence and temperature control through an rtd module. Temperature range should be 200f-600f The screen size is 3.5 inches and the resolution needs to be probably 14 bits for better control. I am in North America but the machines are world wide and many different enviroments. I work in the rebuild facility but am looking to get into new product development. I am educated in Allen Bradley brand of PLC's and HMI's but think this could be a very good replacement and I'm willing to experiment for the good of the company and would be doing this on my own to present to the right people.

For these requirements I would recommend the Vision V350-35-RA22. 

The short specs will be:

3.5" color touch screen (320X240 pixels).

8 DI

8 DO

2 AI 14 bit resolution, jumper selection between 0-10V/0-20mA/4-20mA

2 temperature measurement inputs (either PT100 or thermocouple)

2 AO 12 bit resolution, jumper selection between 0-10V/4-20mA

Expansion port for adding I/O modules.

Communication - one RS232/RS485 communication port. Optional communication modules available.

For your convenience, please see the product page here, and a comparison table for the V350 here.

I also referred your details to our branch in the US.