PID documentation

cataliz3er

Hello!

I have not been able to find any documentation regarding the PID functionality in the UniStream series anywhere.

I'm interested in details about the parameters of the PID struct.

For example, what units are used to specify the Sample Time? 100ms, 1sec, etc. And what are the ranges of the parameters? I'm assuming I can't just enter the full 16bit value.

Other useful information would be about the auto-tune procedure. I know it seems intuitive, but without proper instructions one gets the feeling of wandering around poking stuff and saying "i wonder what happens if I do this".

Is there some documentation out there that I'm not able to find?

Many thanks!

Hello,

The PID function in UniStream works similarly to the PID function in the Vision Series controllers.  Only the set-up a slightly different (since UniLogic works with structs).  Therefore, you can use the same documentation to understand the parameters.  Also, we have a tutorial on our "Webinars & Tutorials" page that should help you understand how this function is working as well.

PID Tutorial

Here is some documentation on our PID functionality which can be found on our technical library page:

Vision PID FB & Autotune

PID Tips

When running the autotune features, the software will calculate your most efficient output values based on its logic for you and keep them in the "Autotune Parameters" struct.  You will only need to set a set point and configure some limits for your system. This is all explained in the tutorial and documentation.

Hope this helps.

Cataliz3er, I owe you an apology :unsure: 
...and a big thanks  :)

I KNEW that I had documented this topic. However, when I went to look it up, it did not appear in the compiled Help file.

It turned out that, after I completed the topic, I did not remove the 'in Progress' tag I use to exclude unfinished topics from the Help compiler. 

I saw that the same was true of several other topics. These topics will be in the Help for the next release.

I have attached the PID topic below--hope it helps!

Thanks, Cara (who is feeling rather stupid right now!)

PID Excerpt.docx

Hello,

The PID function in UniStream works similarly to the PID function in the Vision Series controllers.  Only the set-up a slightly different (since UniLogic works with structs).  Therefore, you can use the same documentation to understand the parameters.  Also, we have a tutorial on our "Webinars & Tutorials" page that should help you understand how this function is working as well.

PID Tutorial

Here is some documentation on our PID functionality which can be found on our technical library page:

Vision PID FB & Autotune

PID Tips

When running the autotune features, the software will calculate your most efficient output values based on its logic for you and keep them in the "Autotune Parameters" struct.  You will only need to set a set point and configure some limits for your system. This is all explained in the tutorial and documentation.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I noticed that the status messages are similar and managed to implement the PID using the Vision series documentation. 

Thanks! 

Cataliz3er, I owe you an apology :unsure: 

...and a big thanks  :)

I KNEW that I had documented this topic. However, when I went to look it up, it did not appear in the compiled Help file.

It turned out that, after I completed the topic, I did not remove the 'in Progress' tag I use to exclude unfinished topics from the Help compiler. 

I saw that the same was true of several other topics. These topics will be in the Help for the next release.

I have attached the PID topic below--hope it helps!

Thanks, Cara (who is feeling rather stupid right now!)

Don't worry,  :)

All's well that ends well...

When I get feedback to my little blunders...it's usually smoke  :P