Vision 1210 + Jazz 20-R31 MODBUS problem

Hello,

I'm trying to connect Vision 1210 (Master) with Jazz 20-R31 (Slave) via MODBUS RTU. I had no success so far. Master can successfully read other devices via MODBUS.

All the settings are attached.

With MJ20-PRG I can connect to Jazz PLC and download the program, but I cannot connect it to MODBUS. When I change MJ20-PRG to MJ20-RS MODBUS isn't working and I can hardly monitor ONLINE. Sometimes it's going ONLINE, but the connection breaks or most of the time it's showing that there is no connection. Looks like the connection exists, but it's very very unstable.

I tried both, function 599 and 600, it didn't solve my problem.

Questions:

Q1: Is it possible to go ONLINE and connect Jazz via MODBUS at the same time with RJ20-RS? What Jazz PLC settings should be then?

Q2: And of course, what I'm doing wrong? :)

Thanks for you help in advance.

Regards,

Giedrius K.

post-20732-0-93627700-1421229562_thumb.jpg

post-20732-0-80940700-1421229563_thumb.jpg

post-20732-0-37539000-1421229564_thumb.jpg

post-20732-0-26683500-1421229807_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Jazz PLC have only one communication channel. It will be used or for MODBUS, or for online mode. Not for both.

Online mode use PCOM protocol, which change COM port protocol to PCOM.

If you need debug, when use MODBUS - use additional displays to show debug information.

Or you can use SAMBA PLCs, which have 1 embedded COM port, and one additional COM or Ethernet port will be installed.

I hope this helps.

Hello AlextUT,

Well, it helps a little bit, because if you are right at least I know that I cannot use MODBUS and debug at the same time :)

I made some changes in ladder. I've disabled network 2 on my Jazz 20-R31 (Slave). Now, I'm able to write data from V1210 to Jazz 20-R31 (Slave), but I cannot read any data from it. Even if I write data to Jazz 20-R31 (Slave) successfully, I'm still getting status message #5 - No Communication.

I've improved a little bit, but still it's not working properly and I'm out of ideas. Any help is needed.

Regards,

Giedrius K.

Hi,

In accordance to your snapshoot, Net 2 set COM port parameters, as required by MODBUD. Do not disable it.

Look U90Ladder Help for MODBUS Slave Addressing and examples.

There are 2 MODBUS examples in U90Ladder MODBUS directory.

Use Slave for Jazz.

What parameters should you read from/write to Jazz?

BR.

• 1 year later...
On 15-1-2015 at 10:40 AM, Apollas said:

Hello AlextUT,

Well, it helps a little bit, because if you are right at least I know that I cannot use MODBUS and debug at the same time :)

I made some changes in ladder. I've disabled network 2 on my Jazz 20-R31 (Slave). Now, I'm able to write data from V1210 to Jazz 20-R31 (Slave), but I cannot read any data from it. Even if I write data to Jazz 20-R31 (Slave) successfully, I'm still getting status message #5 - No Communication.

I've improved a little bit, but still it's not working properly and I'm out of ideas. Any help is needed.

Regards,

Giedrius K.

Hello Apollas,

I know this is an old tread, but did you ever get this working?

I now have the same problem with my V350 as master and Jazz JZ10-11-T40 as slave.

I can write to the slave, but not read from the slave. In the tutorial of the visilogic, they explain how it works between 2 vision controllers. There you need to add a scan block in the slave. But in the jazz there is no scan block.