Image - Transparent Background

Flex727

• MVP 2023

I'm working on a UniStream project and I've got a simple question. In VisiLogic, an image could have a transparent background by checking the appropriate box in the image properties. When that box was checked every pixel in the image that was the same as the pixel in the upper left corner would assume the color of the background, thus rendering the parts of the image "transparent". I can't find a similar option in UniLogic. In the Help file, there is mention of something identified as "Background Color \ Image" which looks like it might apply, but that property is not present in my version of UniLogic (1.12.20) when I select the image. What am I missing?

I'm working on a UniStream project and I've got a simple question. In VisiLogic, an image could have a transparent background by checking the appropriate box in the image properties. When that box was checked every pixel in the image that was the same as the pixel in the upper left corner would assume the color of the background, thus rendering the parts of the image "transparent". I can't find a similar option in UniLogic. In the Help file, there is mention of something identified as "Background Color \ Image" which looks like it might apply, but that property is not present in my version of UniLogic (1.12.20) when I select the image. What am I missing?

Hi Flex727

You need to convert your bmp images to png, then you need to convert the background to alfa (transparent). Unistream is really amazing when you need to work with images, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

This still doesn't seem to be working right. I took my Bitmap images, converted them to PNG, then used a program called "paint.net" to delete the background color, then saved. After loading into the UniLogic software, the background of the image is white, both on the screen in UniLogic and on the PLC screen. What am I missing? Is there some other setting I need to adjust?

This still doesn't seem to be working right. I took my Bitmap images, converted them to PNG, then used a program called "paint.net" to delete the background color, then saved. After loading into the UniLogic software, the background of the image is white, both on the screen in UniLogic and on the PLC screen. What am I missing? Is there some other setting I need to adjust?

If you convert from BMP to PNG then no alfa channel is define. So first you need to use the command color to alfa. I recommend the software GIMP (it´s a free software and very powerful). You can find a lot of YouTube tutorial about adding transparency to a PNG using GIMP. If you need more help please send me an email to : ober.yela@Imapsa.com  I can send the links.

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...

I am having a similar issue with just using the provided graphics in Unilogic. When I use one of the UniPics images (in this case Unipic-Switches-034, and 33) the round switch has a white square background , so it looks terrible on a black screen background. How do I get the image to display correctly?

I have tried copying the image out of the Unitroncs folder and open with Gimp and create an alpha channel, and that works except  the resulting image then  displays the Unipic water sign, which is no good either.

• Upvote 1