• External Moderators

Greetings all,

Running Visilogic 8.6.3 on Windows XP.

I decided to restart my current project afresh, so I created a new project, copied the buttons, frames, images and list-of-text from the main screen of my old project, and pasted them into the main screen of the new. I then went to set my background image and got the following error:

Run-time Error '3021': Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

This is followed by another error on any attempt to change from the current HMI page:

Run-time Error '-2147418105 (80010007)':

Automation Error

The callee(server [not server application]) is not available and has disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call may have executed.

Followed by Visilogic crashing.

I recovered from the crash and "cut" the buttons from the screen, then I could change the background image normally.

I re-pasted the buttons and deleted the list-of-text variable and this allowed me to change the background normally. I then created a new list-of-text and could still change the background.

It seems like something may be messed up in the list-of-text variable, at least as regards copy-paste, that is impacting the background image.

Thanks!

TM

• External Moderators

As a further test, I repasted everything into the new project and opened the original pasted list of text and checked memory usage in the dialog. After this, everything was fine. Possible work-around if anyone else is seeing this problem.

Thanks,

TM

Another problem using Copy-Paste on Number objects is that if you use Max & Min entry values and Linearization values setup in them, the pasted values are not always the copied values, looks like they shift or switch, the values are not always in the correct place.

Deke