V570 SD cards , Data tables to EXCEL (need example)

Hi,

As I understnad you are using "Create Delimited line" and "write delimited line" ladder utilities.

First of all make sure that the Max vector length you set in "Create Delimited line" is enough to contain all the data. 

Then check also that the file name (if it is linked to MI) is in ASCII.

Hi,

As I understnad you are using "Create Delimited line" and "write delimited line" ladder utilities.

First of all make sure that the Max vector length you set in "Create Delimited line" is enough to contain all the data. 

Then check also that the file name (if it is linked to MI) is in ASCII.

Is there any possible way to import/export data tables from PLC to SD and back? Having structure like this (Picture1, Picture2)

And if it is , how please help. Very important to me, have excel in my project with SD card.

post-28986-0-14685400-1430150889_thumb.jpg

post-28986-0-58679700-1430150890_thumb.jpg

Hi,

First - in the create delimited line , you set the start of vector that hold the data to MI400 and the Max vector length as MI650.

In online mode I can see that the MI650 is 0 , you need to set it to the number of bytes that will be used.

Also in the write delimited line you chose MI800 instead of MI400. The input of the write delimited line should be the start of vector that hold the data. 

If you are still facing issues please send mail to support@unitronics.com witht the application and we will help accordingly.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

You can save data table to a file using the ladder element save DT to SD. This will save the data table in UDT format.

Then if you wish to edit this data in your PC , you can use the SD card suite --> UDT editor.

When done you can copy the UDT file back to the SD and then using the ladder element Read UDT from SD to DT you can load the file back to the data table. 

I understand. Thanks. But if I have a big DT with many rows and columns? It takes much time to edit it in UDT -  cell by cell.  With Excell  you can grab, drag, drop cells, use formulas etc.  Is there any way to edit DT in Excell first? I know how to do it when I have access to the  ladder.  How to do it when I have only SD card suite,  PC , PLC with SD and cable without access to LD?

• MVP 2023

If you installed SD Card Suite, then you easily have the ability to convert the UDT one way.  Open the UDT by double left click, and it opens using Data Tables Editor.  Under the Home tab at the top, in the second block from the left, is Export to Excel.  You then choose what you want and end up with an excel file.  Also note the CSV, and copy paste buttons next to it.  This export then lets you manipulate things in Excel.

BUT........shifting info back from excel to a udt is harder.  Unless I have missed it, there is no function available to do this in one hit.  My method has been copy from within excel and paste in data tables editor, but this is SLOW for large blocks of data (you will think it has hung), and also sometimes throws up an error warning.  You have to check the numbers once the paste is finished.  It is awkward, sometimes needs more manual input, but works.

Before you do any operations, only use copies of your original data table.  Sometimes during this process I have had a save occur, without notification.

I would be very happy for someone to point me to a xls to udt converter on the Unitronics site!

cheers,

Aus