• External Moderators

Hi All,

Vision 280, latest OS and Visilogic 863.

I'm using a data table for process parameters. All DT commands are manually triggered from the touchscreen. When I try to read from the DT, sometimes the read takes place, sometimes not. I've got an indicator on-screen that shows the net executing the DT Read has operated, but not data was read. Repeated presses of the touchscreen button will eventually make the read happen.

Very bizarre. I could work around it with a latching arrangement, but I'd rather find a root cause. One thing I did differently in this application was grouping multiple data elements into single columns (Column 1 has three elements, A, B, C, all signed integers). I'm wondering if there is a relationship.

Thanks,

TM

Hi Tim,

I use the V280 as well, I'm not at the same OS yet, but I currently read from the DT with multiple items (51) in a single column with no problem, all within a sinlge scan no latching involved.

Maybe I'll wait to see how this pans out before I update the OS on them.

Thanks,

Deke

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Vision 280, latest OS and Visilogic 863.

I'm using a data table for process parameters.  All DT commands are manually triggered from the touchscreen.  When I try to read from the DT, sometimes the read takes place, sometimes not.  I've got an indicator on-screen that shows the net executing the DT Read has operated, but not data was read.  Repeated presses of the touchscreen button will eventually make the read happen.

Very bizarre.  I could work around it with a latching arrangement, but I'd rather find a root cause.  One thing I did differently in this application was grouping multiple data elements into single columns (Column 1 has three elements, A, B, C, all signed integers).  I'm wondering if there is a relationship.

Thanks,

TM

The screen acts like a pulsed input or positive transition.

DTs don't like that.