Data Logger

knotknot1

Hello,

I'm having problem with "A Data Table : Index"

1.how can i Write file name as "yyyy-mm-dd_HH-mm" By using RTC with StoreDTItoFileFunction ??  i try to create a struct to make it in 1 String but it's not working.

2.how to write "yyyy-mm-dd" into one Column ?

Please detail explain I'm just a starting Student to PLC try to make a Data Logger.

Thanks in advance!!

Hello,

You would want to use the RTC to ASCII UDFB (user-defined function block) that we have in our sample applications download (under the help tab).  It will be found under the "UDFB" folder in this download.

This will put the current time/date into a form that you can display in the data table, and also use to name your file with.

Let me know if this helps.

• 5 months later...

Hi Shane,

How much memory space will the RTC to ASCII UDFB use up in the data table?  We are in the process of calculating how many lines of data we can store in a V120 for a given row structure, and one of the columns needs to be a "yyyy-mm-dd_HH-mm" type format (or perhaps two columns, one for date and one for time?).

We also need to write a 10 character alpha numeric serial number in the data table, how much space should that use up in bytes?

Thank you,

Hi Shane,

How much memory space will the RTC to ASCII UDFB use up in the data table?  We are in the process of calculating how many lines of data we can store in a V120 for a given row structure, and one of the columns needs to be a "yyyy-mm-dd_HH-mm" type format (or perhaps two columns, one for date and one for time?).

We also need to write a 10 character alpha numeric serial number in the data table, how much space should that use up in bytes?

Thank you,

Hello,

The UDFB is a function block used in the ladder which does not take up space in the data table.  This function block is also only for the UniStream series, not Vision (the V120).

For the ASCII strings in the data table, each character will use a byte.  Therefore, with the given format you have chosen, "yyyy-mm-dd_HH-mm", will use 16 bytes plus the null for the end of the string, so 17 bytes all together.  This includes the dashed and underscores. 

The 10 character alphanumeric seial number will used 11 bytes including the null (1 char = 1 byte).

Hope this helps.