UniLogic doesn't open project file

jeepers52004

After working on and saving a project the day before, UniLogic will now not open any previous projects although starting a new project seems to work ok.  Selecting a project from the recent solutions list or choosing open and navigating to the project file gives the same results; a waiting symbol for a few seconds and then blank solution explorer, tag list, and work space screens.

I've copied the files to another computer and they all open fine.  Thoughts?

Thanks

Michael

Hello Michael,

Was the location of the files from the "Recent Solutions" changed recently?  For instance, let's say you opened your file (XXXX.ulpr) originally from the desktop.  Then you moved this XXXX.ulpr file into your "Documents" folder on your PC.  Now you try to open the file from the "Recent Solutions".  Is this what you are referring to?

The recent solutions list hides files that no longer exist.

I'm thinking more on the option that a database file was left in a "Restore" mode, even thought it should have been closed, or the database was closed, but the files were not deleted from the DB work directory, so when UniLogic tries to re-open the project, the DB Server fails to restore the DB from the files.

Did the computer crash, or was there a power down?

A remote session might be needed in this case in order to see what is the exact problem and fix it.

The recent solutions list hides files that no longer exist.

I'm thinking more on the option that a database file was left in a "Restore" mode, even thought it should have been closed, or the database was closed, but the files were not deleted from the DB work directory, so when UniLogic tries to re-open the project, the DB Server fails to restore the DB from the files.

Did the computer crash, or was there a power down?

A remote session might be needed in this case in order to see what is the exact problem and fix it.

I did close UniLogic but did not restart the computer.  It's possible some type of auto-update through IS policies caused a reboot overnight but I don't have any way to know if that happened.  After this, I tried repairing the software and also uninstalling and reinstalling the software without any effect on the results.

Because of the extra two plus minutes downloading with the upload file added to the process, I had only been downloading program updates.  Based on the condition experienced here, I have been downloading with the upload option at least twice per day and definitely at the end of each day in an attempt to avoid the loss of work.

Please talk to out support for a remote session. They can probably solve it without calling the R&D.

Ok.  I'll call when I get a minute.  To note, saved project, downloaded to controller with upload option, and left software/PC on overnight.  When I came in this morning, UniLogic was not responding and after closing and restarting, the project I was working on had to be recovered.