USB Boost Converter

Flex727

• MVP 2023
I'm sure everyone has a portable 24v power supply they use to power up Unitronics PLCs when out in the field. But how many times do you find yourself without a handy 110v power outlet? Wouldn't it be nice if you could power your PLC off the USB socket on your laptop, or even a USB battery? Here is what I put together:

This steps up the 5v from USB to 24v for the PLC:
DROK® LTC1871 3.5V-30V DC Boost Converter Power Transformer Voltage Regulator 5V/12V Step Up Volt Module Power Supply Board

This cable has a USB plug on one end and a barrel plug on the other:
StarTech.com 2m USB to Type M Barrel Cable - USB to 5.5mm 5V DC Cable - USB to Barrel Jack 5V DC Plug

These are to provide barrel plugs and jacks for connecting everything together with a bit of simple wiring:
E-outstanding 5 Pair DC Power Jack (5 x Male and 5 x Female) 5.5mm x 2.1mm CCTV Power Jack Adapter

This box fits the boost converter nicely so everything is neat and tidy:
Hammond 1591MBK Black Flame Retardant ABS Plastic Project Box

A cheap 10,000 mAh rechargeable USB battery will run a V570 for about 4 hours. This is usually plenty of time for field work, but larger USB batteries are readily available and are not much more expensive. I'm using this one:
Anker PowerCore+ 10050

post-408-0-16231800-1448414452_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...