Hello everyone,

Finally after 2 months I understand normal process in unitronics thanks for support assistance.

Now I am going to try to set up communications. This is my plan of communication:

I will try to set up in the PLC 4 types of communications,

1. PLC-PLC, for this one I will use 20000 port, socket 0
  2. PC-PLC, for this one I will use 20256 port, socket 1
  3. E-mail, for this one I will use 80 port, socket 2
  4. Webserver, for this one I will use 25 port, socket 3

I have different questions for each communication process.

• Should I set up the ethernet card in each process of communication or only once?
  • The IP local port for each communication should change?
  • In the FB TCP/IP connect or close there is a parameter named "Remote port", what is that?
  • The ping FB is linked with the PLC IP or PC IP?
  • Is it possible to create a local email?
  • When I select the webserver, the web could be whichever or my own domain?
  • Among others

I upload my project just if you want to take a look of it. This is something educational it is not finish and not perfect.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2KvxQP-uoqGVUpwWk1WU0gxcjA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

• MVP 2023
  • Should I set up the ethernet card in each process of communication or only once?

Initialize the Ethernet card once using SB2 or when applying a new IP address to the PLC without restarting.

• The IP local port for each communication should change?

Not sure what you're asking here. You always identify a Port # for each device you communicate with. Both sides of the communication need a Port #, but they do not need to be the same #, nor do separate remote devices need to have unique Port #s. You have 4 sockets, but you can address them with any allowed Port #. The communications occur from a local Port # to/from a remote Port # through a particular Socket.

• In the FB TCP/IP connect or close there is a parameter named "Remote port", what is that?

It is the port number for the remote device you are connecting to or communicating with.

• The ping FB is linked with the PLC IP or PC IP?

The IP in the Ping FB is the IP of the device you want to Ping from the PLC. You also identify the socket # you use to send the Ping.

HI,

Thanks Flex.

Back to my project, I set up the PC PLC communications, and the Webserver.

I was reading about the webserver and the Web is simple, I read as well there is a way to get a advanced webserver.

I have I question in my project I am trying to communicate the PLC with the Webserver using a simple text imput. But I have a problem with values. For example:

When I write 2 letters or numbers throught the V700 Screen the data is save in a MI but the values are adding like (in decimal) "A" = 65 and "B" = 66, then the MI save (65*(2^8)+66).

I do not really know what to do in this case. I only want to write text in V700 HMI, then transform to numbers send to Webserver, convert in the webserver to Text and show. Then the opposite way, text something in webserver convert to numbers, sent back to the V700 and convert to text and show. Any help¿¿

Thanks

• MVP 2023

When I write 2 letters or numbers throught the V700 Screen the data is save in a MI but the values are adding like (in decimal) "A" = 65 and "B" = 66, then the MI save (65*(2^8)+66).

My previous answer did not encompass the V700. It has 8 Sockets instead of 4 and there are other minor differences from the other Enhanced Vision products, but the Help files are there.

Regarding strings stored in MIs, be aware that an MI consists of 2 bytes. Two characters are stored in an MI, one character in the upper byte and one character in the lower byte. The numbers are not added together, but when you look at the stored value in decimal, it can be hard to decipher.

Thanks Flex :), it was very useful.

I have a nother question I realise the webserver is simple, I read about a advanced webserver method, but I got the Visilogic app but it didnt work it has a password. It is in this link. http://www.unitronics.com/support/plc-tools-and-application

Complex WebServer

Special thanks to our forum member zpy, and also to Nacho for testing

This .zip file contains everything you need to enable an Enhanced Vision with an SD Card to serve complex pages. Click to download...

This .zip file contains everything you need to enable an Enhanced Vision with an SD Card to serve complex pages.

I have a question how the bits and MI are sended if I create a webserver by myself, MODBUS? TCP? and how to send them

Thanks