• MVP 2023

Hi Vasil,

There might be other ways, but the only "easy" way I know of is if you have a small computer linked to the PLC via serial or ethernet, permanently running the Remote Operator program, which is a free download on the main site.  You are able to set the image of the HMI to full screen in Remote Op.  I have done such a link whilst running prolonged testing on something.  I use small computers from a firm called Eway in Taiwan....google "eway taiwan".

You can get a fanless, no moving parts system this way if you also use an SSD, and they also can have serial ports if needed.  I am not affiliated with them, but I use their products and they have served me well.

One other thing...I haven't done this, but I expect that if you were running a touch screen monitor you could control the PLC as well.  If you just want to only observe it, leave mice etc hidden from fiddling fingers, as Remote Op is a controlling interface.

cheers,

Aus

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just Curious to know about remote access I downloaded the same from main site.

When I tried to connect my PLC through RA it shows run time error "5".

I found data export and SD card suite more useful but no success with this package. 

How to connect the same and get the best out of this package.

Vijay

• MVP 2023

When I tried to connect my PLC through RA it shows run time error "5".

I have never encountered this error. 

Flex is correct.  If you are connecting ok with some things, you should be OK with others.  Have you got everything installed and running as Admin?  Anything and everything from Unitronics I always install, and have shortcuts set as, run as Administrator.

cheers,

Aus

Hi Flex & Ausman,

Please find the attached screens where I am encountering an error while connecting the same to Remote Access.

Screen-1 is the successful connection between PLC-PC. (PLC name hided for Privacy Reasons).

Screen-2 is the error when I am trying to connect the system online test.

It would be nice if you guys could spot the error.

Cheers

Vijay

Hi,
Uninstalled RA and re installed the same, restarted the computer, Ran the application in administrator mode.
Still getting the same error "Run Time Error 5"

One more thing Ausman my SB 168 bit was not on initially I made that BIT forcefully on.
Attached is the pic of the same.

Regards
Vj

• MVP 2023

Uninstalled RA and re installed the same, restarted the computer, Ran the application in administrator mode.

Did you do the installation as "run as administrator".  This is not clear from this reply.  All parts of Unitronics installs have to run as Admin.

If you did this, then it is time for some "official" help, please.  Mr. Mozes, or Shane?

If not forthcoming, the last thing I'd try would be to uninstall all of your unitronics programs (saving your data first of course!) and reinstall them using Admin rights on all of them.  Perhaps some internal reference is still messing things up?

And good work on the bit.

cheers,

Aus

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Attached is the picture where I have an issue in English to French translation,needs some inputs from team.

When I translate the English Characters in French the characters such as e (with a tick mark) it allows to save me in font Arial 8 & Arial 12,B only.

If u notice in the attached pic I had Arial Narrow and preview on PLC screen shows as * for special characters.

Is that mean I need that special characters to be displayed only in above said fonts only or can I save the same in other fonts too.

Please throw some light on this.

Cheers

Vj