UniStream simulator

Joesteva

• 1 year later...
  • MVP 2023

There was one once, developed by Ash Neilson- 

http://virtualplc.co.nz/

This was developed a few years ago.  I've tried contacting the developer a couple of times and got no response.  It looks like the last time the site had any activity was 2014.

Being a distributor, I have the luxury of grabbing one out of stock when I need to try something.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

Joe T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello,

i have read all the comments since everybody was interested in a simulator, it seems it's more then 6 years now and there's no simulator yet?!?!

I have just purchased a samba 7  because the reviews where good and the pricing is ok, to work in semi industrial enviroment. I am planningon gettin a few more, if i get used to this product and especially it's software.  

Can you tell me please if Unitronics is planning on delivering this update for simulation??

Thank you!

• MVP 2023

Understand that I am not a Unitronics employee, just a loyal fan and distributor for 17 years.

All Unitronics software is free.  Always has been. 

If you download and look at UniLogic you'll start to understand why a simulator hasn't been developed yet.  Unitronics only has so many resources and has to put them into things that will generate revenue.  A simulator would not significantly improve sales, but all the IoT goodies they've been pumping into the UniStream product will.

I, too, would like a simulator.  We do projects and systems here, and I understand the need.  But I don't think it's going to happen.

Joe T.  

• MVP 2023
13 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

I, too, would like a simulator.  We do projects and systems here, and I understand the need.  But I don't think it's going to happen.

My perspective is that with other companies you pay for the software. Even buying a PLC from Unitronics is still cheaper than buying software from other companies. And with an actual PLC for your simulator, you can be assured that the simulation of your code is 100% accurate.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

My perspective is that with other companies you pay for the software. Even buying a PLC from Unitronics is still cheaper than buying software from other companies. And with an actual PLC for your simulator, you can be assured that the simulation of your code is 100% accurate. 

I am totally agree...is what I do and I don't have surprise when the real project is installed and running.

• 6 months later...
  • MVP 2023
8 hours ago, WAAAAAAAAAR said:

right now I'm only here because of the fact that I do not have a simulator.

That's fine, Wa....  Simulators are nice, but all the ones I have encountered can never fully imitate the real world conditions I work in, so a real plc is always best.  And I often have to leave fine tuning until a site is complete, due to the myriad things involved in getting a program right.

Unitronics in your case is like a TV program, if you don't like it, turn it off.  However, don't necessarily can a product you don't like on first impressions, until you've learnt a lot about it and how to use everything properly.  This is called a learning curve. 

If you buy a top of the line Mercedes/Porsche etc after only riding a bike, do you expect to know how to use all it's features without learning a whole heap of stuff from the manual?  No.

And you are showing your obvious ignorance through claiming that Unistream and Visilogic are the same in your I4.0 post.  They are vastly  different animals.

The forum welcomes informed discussion and offers a very large knowledge base to those who want to use it.  To those who don't.....have a nice day and goodbye.

cheers, Aus

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2017 at 8:01 PM, Joe Tauser said:

There was one once, developed by Ash Neilson- 

http://virtualplc.co.nz/

This was developed a few years ago.  I've tried contacting the developer a couple of times and got no response.  It looks like the last time the site had any activity was 2014.

Being a distributor, I have the luxury of grabbing one out of stock when I need to try something.

Maybe you'll have better luck.

Joe T.

Hi, this site is offline, do you know other one?