Vector: Get Max (and Min) question

TODDSTER

The Vector Get Max instruction example in the Help shows a Length of 10. But the illustration has 11 elements. Does the Start element not count as part of the 10 elements? Or should the Length be set at 11 for this example?

Note: The Vector: Get Min also shows a length of 10, but has 11 elements in the example.

I use the Vector Copy instruction, and the Start element is included as part of the copy. 

post-2122-0-83148700-1472490544_thumb.png

Yes, it looks like a typo. English isn't my first language, but I'm pretty sure that the following sentence is incorrect:

"The largest value in the range, 2304, is contained in MI 62; therefore 2304 is stored in MI 59". 

I would say that 2304 is contained in MI 59 and therefore stored in MI 62, this makes much more sense,

• MVP 2023

Yes, it looks like a typo. English isn't my first language, but I'm pretty sure that the following sentence is incorrect:

"The largest value in the range, 2304, is contained in MI 62; therefore 2304 is stored in MI 59". 

I would say that 2304 is contained in MI 59 and therefore stored in MI 62, this makes much more sense,

Yes, but also the text and diagram show a vector length of 10 starting at MI 50 and ending at MI 60. It should run from MI 50 through MI 59 or Run from MI 51 through MI 60 (or else change the vector length to 11).

• 4 years later...

4 years has passed and the help file still isn't fixed, not even the online version.
https://www.unitronicsplc.com/Download/SoftwareHelp/VisiLogic_Knowledgebase/Ladder/Functions/Vector_Functions/Vector__Get_Max.htm
Just a reminder for you @Cara Bereck Levy :)

I'm using Get Max in a project but got a bit confused about the vector length when reading the help file.  A length of 10 should be from MI50 to MI59 as Flex pointed out 4 years ago. :)