Who makes 12 volt mini PLC

• MVP 2023

12V PLCs are kind of hard to come by, especially one with any kind of capability.  Plus, this is the Unitronics forum so it's kind of blasphemous to recommend competitor's products.  I have used one of these 12-24V converters when I've done a vehicle application:

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Converter-Module-adaptor-Regulator/dp/B00VRAQZVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474326384&sr=8-1&keywords=12+to+24+volt+converter

They work quite well, and now you can use any of our products.

Joe T.

On 9/20/2016 at 2:07 AM, Joe Tauser said:

12V PLCs are kind of hard to come by, especially one with any kind of capability.  Plus, this is the Unitronics forum so it's kind of blasphemous to recommend competitor's products.  I have used one of these 12-24V converters when I've done a vehicle application:

https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-Converter-Module-adaptor-Regulator/dp/B00VRAQZVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474326384&sr=8-1&keywords=12+to+24+volt+converter

They work quite well, and now you can use any of our products.

Joe T.

+1 on Joe's suggestion.

I have also used this kind of DC step-up modules many times in the past with no problems.

They are cheap and reliable. I think it's the best solution when 24VDC power supply can't be used.

• MVP 2023

As far as I know, some of the M91 series are 12V capable, but not the ones with analogue outputs.  However, you might be able to add a simple 485 bus addition to them that can give you AOs.  This might also work in better with your application if the bus module is close to your AO driven devices, with the PLC tucked away somewhere else.  But your desired AO speed might also be an issue with this method.

cheers,

Aus