Can't select tag after expand to full screen (F11)

ORSO2001

Dear All,

I update at the version 1.18.37 without any problem; I created a new program and I see that if I expand in full screen (F11) I can't select the tag for the HMI object; if I let the screen in "normal size" it works; what can be wrong? to be clear...the tags list appears but if I try to select one of it I don't select it but a row int the "properties window" of the same object.

ladder works in both condition.

I opened some project done with the version 1.17.73...and for all I saw that some local tags was highlighted as "this tag can be link..."; the local tags was BUFFER.

Please send me the project with the buffer. The tag is probably forbidden from being used as a local tag, but I can check it better with the project.

You are right about the problem with the Properties Window. I'll open a bug on this issue.

We have totally replaced the property grid and the docking (you can now dock-out panes from UniLogic), so there still might be small issues.

Dear Saragni,

ok, how can I send you the project? the project was done with 1.17.73

Maybe I found another issue; in my project is present a "PDF viewer"; if I compile the project but the file is missing in the MEDIA folder the "recover alarm" window appear and the unilogic closes; if the file is present in the folder it works.

in the version 1.17.73 I have a warning that the file is missing but the copile procedure is done without problem.

Hi, 

As i thought, the buffer is being used in the COM Tx element.  COM is an IO, and sending data with COM is not immediate. This is why the send is being performed in a different thread (else, it would affect the scan time of the ladder).

When you define something as Local, then it is being allocated on the stack, meaning that once the function ends, the data is left on the stack, and might get overwritten when another function is being called, and junk data might be sent.

I can't reproduce the missing media problem.

Dear Saragani,

see below for problem detail; however I sent the report as in the procedure:

<<System.InvalidOperationException>> from <<System.Xml>>

There was an error reflecting property 'HMIElements'.
--------------------------
{
  "ClassName": "System.InvalidOperationException",
  "Message": "There was an error reflecting type 'Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.SerializableProfile'.",
  "Data": {
    "System.Object": null
  },
  "InnerException": {
    "Message": "There was an error reflecting property 'HMIElements'.",
    "Data": null,
      "Message": "There was an error reflecting type 'Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.HMIElement'.",
        "Message": "There was an error reflecting type 'Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.Utils.SerializableDate'.",
          "Message": "Unitronics.HMI.Globals.HMIUtils cannot be serialized. Static types cannot be used as parameters or return types.",
          "InnerException": null,
          "HelpURL": null,
          "StackTraceString": "   at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeDesc.CheckSupported()\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.GetTypeDesc(Type type, MemberInfo source, Boolean directReference, Boolean throwOnError)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.ImportTypeDesc(Type type, MemberInfo memberInfo, Boolean directReference)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.GetTypeDesc(Type type, MemberInfo source, Boolean directReference, Boolean throwOnError)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.StructModel.GetPropertyModel(PropertyInfo propertyInfo)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.StructModel.GetFieldModel(MemberInfo memberInfo)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.InitializeStructMembers(StructMapping mapping, StructModel model, Boolean openModel, String typeName, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportStructLikeMapping(StructModel model, String ns, Boolean openModel, XmlAttributes a, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(TypeModel model, String ns, ImportContext context, String dataType, XmlAttributes a, Boolean repeats, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)",
          "RemoteStackTraceString": null,
          "RemoteStackIndex": 0,
          "ExceptionMethod": "8\nCheckSupported\nSystem.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\nSystem.Xml.Serialization.TypeDesc\nVoid CheckSupported()",
          "HResult": -2146233079,
          "Source": "System.Xml",
          "WatsonBuckets": null
        },
        "StackTraceString": "   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(TypeModel model, String ns, ImportContext context, String dataType, XmlAttributes a, Boolean repeats, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.IncludeType(Type type, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.IncludeTypes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.InitializeStructMembers(StructMapping mapping, StructModel model, Boolean openModel, String typeName, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportStructLikeMapping(StructModel model, String ns, Boolean openModel, XmlAttributes a, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.InitializeStructMembers(StructMapping mapping, StructModel model, Boolean openModel, String typeName, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportStructLikeMapping(StructModel model, String ns, Boolean openModel, XmlAttributes a, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(TypeModel model, String ns, ImportContext context, String dataType, XmlAttributes a, Boolean repeats, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)",
        "ExceptionMethod": "8\nImportTypeMapping\nSystem.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\nSystem.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter\nSystem.Xml.Serialization.TypeMapping ImportTypeMapping(System.Xml.Serialization.TypeModel, System.String, ImportContext, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributes, Boolean, Boolean, System.Xml.Serialization.RecursionLimiter)",
      },
      "StackTraceString": "   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(TypeModel model, String ns, ImportContext context, String dataType, XmlAttributes a, Boolean repeats, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.CreateArrayElementsFromAttributes(ArrayMapping arrayMapping, XmlArrayItemAttributes attributes, Type arrayElementType, String arrayElementNs, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportArrayLikeMapping(ArrayModel model, String ns, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportAccessorMapping(MemberMapping accessor, FieldModel model, XmlAttributes a, String ns, Type choiceIdentifierType, Boolean rpc, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportFieldMapping(StructModel parent, FieldModel model, XmlAttributes a, String ns, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.InitializeStructMembers(StructMapping mapping, StructModel model, Boolean openModel, String typeName, RecursionLimiter limiter)",
      "ExceptionMethod": "8\nImportTypeMapping\nSystem.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\nSystem.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter\nSystem.Xml.Serialization.TypeMapping ImportTypeMapping(System.Xml.Serialization.TypeModel, System.String, ImportContext, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributes, Boolean, Boolean, System.Xml.Serialization.RecursionLimiter)",
    },
    "StackTraceString": "   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.InitializeStructMembers(StructMapping mapping, StructModel model, Boolean openModel, String typeName, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportStructLikeMapping(StructModel model, String ns, Boolean openModel, XmlAttributes a, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(TypeModel model, String ns, ImportContext context, String dataType, XmlAttributes a, Boolean repeats, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)",
    "ExceptionMethod": "8\nInitializeStructMembers\nSystem.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089\nSystem.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter\nBoolean InitializeStructMembers(System.Xml.Serialization.StructMapping, System.Xml.Serialization.StructModel, Boolean, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.RecursionLimiter)",
  },
  "StackTraceString": "   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(TypeModel model, String ns, ImportContext context, String dataType, XmlAttributes a, Boolean repeats, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportElement(TypeModel model, XmlRootAttribute root, String defaultNamespace, RecursionLimiter limiter)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportTypeMapping(Type type, XmlRootAttribute root, String defaultNamespace)\r\n   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace)\r\n   at Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.DefaultElementsProperties.SerializeSystemTheme(SerializableProfile prof)\r\n   at Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.DefaultElementsProperties.createSystemDefaultPropertiesXmlIfNotExist()\r\n   at Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.DefaultElementsProperties.Init(String fileName)\r\n   at Unitronics.PropertiesThemes.DefaultElementsProperties.get_Instance()\r\n   at Unitronics.HMI.ScreenBase..ctor(HMIScreenBase screenPoco, IHMIMain mainParent)\r\n   at Unitronics.HMI.Screen..ctor(HMIScreen screenPoco, IHMIMain mainParent)\r\n   at Unitronics.HMI.Screen.LoadFromDB(Main main, Guid screenId, Boolean initHmiCache)\r\n   at Unitronics.HMI.UI.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass3e.<Compile>b__29()\r\n   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)\r\n   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)",
}

So no .Net 4.5, 4.51, 4.52 or 4.6/4.6.1?

Edit: I've been able to reproduce the problem on a Windows 7 VM with only .Net 4.0 installed.

The problem will probably be gone if you update your .net framework (Mine was updated automatically by windows updates).

Now, when I can reproduce the problem, then I can write and check a fix for it.