Samba with Barcode scanner

I am to connect a Samba SM43, which is equipped with Ethernet module V100-17-ET2, a barcode scanner and process the scanned data.

Does anyone have a tip for me as I can realize this?

Ich soll an einer Samba SM43, die mit Ethernet Modul V100-17-ET2 ausgestattet ist, einen Barcodescanner anschließen und die eingescannten Daten  verarbeiten.

Hat da jemand einen Tipp für mich wie ich das realisieren kann?

To clarify what is the communication link between the PLC and Scanner?  Ethernet or RS 232?

I've done lots of barcode scanners using RS232 and the protocol scan FB, I've never tried one on Ethernet before.  Does the scanner send the data to a specific IP address or is it just a broadcast on the network?  I suggest taking a look at the Ethernet Communication in the Help file review it and look at the TCP RAW and UDP RAW function blocks(Communications->Ethernet-> TCP RAW Send/Receive  or UDP RAW Send/Receive) as these would be the FB's used to get data into the PLC.

Many thanks for your response.
As the existing Samba SM43 is already equipped with an Ethernet card to control the existing external I / O's, the Samba can not be equipped with an RS-232 card.
This means that the barcodescanner should also run on Ethernet TCP / IP based to be able to be integrated. Since the scanners are very expensive are about 5,200 € (Sick CLV690-000), I wanted to know once if someone has experience with it before I buy such a scanner.
Now I think that I will tread the more inexpensive way. I will replace the SPS with a VISION 570 and then use a barcode scanner with RS 232. However, I have to convert the entire existing program of the SM43.