How do you let a user know of limits on V570+?

Hi everyone,

In the past on a V280 (std Vision) we had more control of entry vars on a display, we use to know exactly which var was being edited by a user and were able to put a message on the display telling the user of the low and high limits that were associated with a number input.

Now on a V570 or V1040, I can put limits within my description providing my limits are constants and neither of them change, I'm out of luck when it comes to a limit that changes.

Even if I did know which var I was editing I would not be able to display a message showing the limits due to the fact that the virtual keypad covers the whole display on a V570, but on a V1040 the problem is once the Keypad is popped up on the display nothing else is updated on the screen beneath it.

So I ask, how is everyone showing their users what limits they have on a number input?

It would be very nice, that if limits are used, they would be displayed on the keypad, using the format already set.

Thanks,

Deke

Hi Stein,

You can use the Description field in the variable configuration window for that purpose:

Yes, as I said that works fine if your min or max limits do not change.

Now on a V570 or V1040, I can put limits within my description providing my limits are constants and neither of them change, I'm out of luck when it comes to a limit that changes.

A solution for this problem could be as I stated.

It would be very nice, that if limits are used, they would be displayed on the keypad, using the format already set.

Since Unitronics is unwilling to make a change to the keypad to include the Min & Max values (which I asked back when the V570 first came out), I'm looking to see what others in this community do for this problem.

Thanks,

Deke