New guy questions: V570 Modbus TCP table

OK it work!!! Thanks all!!! 

The only issue I have is according to the Operand help file I can only go to ML511, and to get to 30030, I will need to go to 1358. I tried to take the running hours, ML78 to ML1358. I don't think I'm getting this operational yet.

So I think it would be ML78; STORE; ML1358 ? Or am I reading the Excel sheet incorrectly?

But I have some ML's that I will need to STORE as either a ML or MI. Is there an easy way to do this in Visalogic? I have a ML I am needing to store as a ML and I can emter the ML read but the store side will only let me enter 3 digits?

I read the forum and appears to be very easy in the Unilogic.

Edited by a062549

You are correct, Vision Controler does have 512 MLs. Excel sheet is just expanded to 4096 for all operands, amount of registers wasn't accounted for.

I tried to read address 30030 from V350 through Modbus TCP (with function codes 3: and 35:) but didn't get any reading. I don't know if it is a valid address or not.

Just for clarification, do addresses from Excel read correct values in your case or do they have +30000 offset as Joe said?

• Upvote 1

UPDATE

I was able to verify that Joe is right. I can read all of the MI's in the Modscan32 as he laid out.

I have all the stuff working somewhat. The only issue I have is the Hour Meter. My SCADA system is old enough that I can't read the 28000 registers. So I want to convert the ML18 into a MI for ease of use. And yes, I understand the reasoning use of the ML gives me a lot larger numbers (Seconds), but for what I need the MI at 32767 is plenty.

I humbly ask if there is a way to do this gracefully?

Hour Meter.gif