JZ10-11-R10 programming cable

Hello everyone,

My first post here and until a couple of days ago I had no idea anything called unitronics existed but we ( the company) bought a used machine with one of those things in them and I have to modify the program so I need to connect to the unit.  Is it possible to make cable up? Anyone knows the pint out from last say an RJ45 to the D9 in the unit? Is it just staring wiring thing and if yes why the commercially sold cable has a dongle?

Thanks

Kal

Hi Kal,

Go to VisiLogic help to see the RS232 pinout:

The programming communication kit is RJ11 4 wire cable (standard 4 wire landline phone cable) and PC RS232 adapter P/N: MJ10-22-CS25.

If you have other Unitronics products (Except JZ-PRG), you can use the same communicating kit.

You can also make it on your own , please see the diagram in VisiLogic help.

• Upvote 1

You are welcome Kal.

Which PLC model are you using?

If you are using JAZZ PLC with JZ-PRG COM module so the pinout is different.

JAZZ PLC's can communication and programmed via with the following communication accessories:

COM KIT Model

Adapter

Cable

JZ-PRG (JZ10 & JZ20 Series)

MJ10-22-CS10 (Can be used with USB to Serial converter)

Programming 6-wire cable,RJ11 MJ20-CB200

JZ-RS4 (JZ10 & JZ20 Series)

MJ10-22-CS25 (Can be used with USB to Serial converter)

CABLE,COMMUNIC,RJ11,4W,GRY

Mini-USB Port (Build-in on JZ20 Only)

None

Standard USB to min-USB cable

I hope it helps.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cara.

I don't think I downloaded visiologic as I have no idea what it is. I have only one unitronics unit that I wanted to modify and from the reading I did I downloaded the software I needed which was U90 ladder ad download manager which caused havoc on my PC and deleted EVERY windows restore points I had before installing the software. I uninstalled them and will put them on an old computer that I can risk getting destroyed by their software.

Much appreciated

Kal

• MVP 2023

Hi Kal,

1).  The diagrams you need are in the U90 help files, open help and do a search for "Direct Communication".  The 7th listing down is Direct Communications- PC to PLC and open that and you're there.  It has everything you need.

2).  You do not need download manager for what you are doing.  U90 does it all.

3).  I do not know your computer, but I have never had any programs from Unitronics delete restore points.  What Windows version are you using?  W10 has the most annoying habit of changing all the user preferences back to what Msoft want during certain updating.  In amongst this it also turns off System Restore, thus deleting all points.  Perhaps this has happened to you and you have only just found out that Sys Restore is off because you haven't looked at it for a while, thinking it was running ok when in fact it wasn't.

W10 has caused me untold grief and I stay away from it unless absolutely necessary.  Many people in the machinery control game are sticking with Win7 at present.

cheers,

Aus

The software pretty much destroyed my laptop with win7 ultimate with tons of automation software on it.  One error message started right after installing unitronics and I went to restore to previous point and realized all my resotre points which I created personally have been deleted and found only two unitronics restore points.

At this juncture I consider this software to be nothing but complete garbage and will recommend dumping the unit in that one machine and replacing it with something far more reliable. Thanks to everyone who replied and best of luck. You need it.

Kal

• MVP 2023

Also, how big was your system restore capacity set at?  Maybe it could only handle the  2 Unitronics entries.  There are many, many thousands of users out there who have not had any problems at all.  Joe is especially trying to help, perhaps beyond the call of duty, in asking where you are.

cheers, Aus

Thanks everyone and my apologies for the late reply.

I will post a snapshot of the error as soon as I get a chance but going by memory it was a 1706 error which, according to my research, is a deleted or corrupt registry entry.

With regard to restore points it's much worse than you think. I have almost 40GB of reserved space and always create restore points before any install even if I know that the software installer will create one. After I installed the two unitronics programs and had problems I looked at the restore points and found only two restore points created by those two installs and everything else gone. I didn't want to use their restore points as I had already experience problem with the software and opted to use their own un-intallers. Afterwords I rechecked the restore points and found that there were only two restore points created by the two un-installs and the two previous points were deleted. The total space used by those two restore points was 9GB and there was lots of space left as the restore point configuration is still the way I set it.  It's pretty bad.

Kal

• MVP 2023

Individual software packages do not delete Restore points.  Windows does that favor for us.

Do you have an old school backup of the system?  Microsoft has lulled us into a false sense of security with system restore, and that's what this thread has become.  This is not a Unitronics issue, but we may be able to help.

If you have 40GB configured for Restore then they should still be there.

When you were examining the restore points did you check the box "Show more restore points"?  

Error 1706 is an installer problem indicating files missing.  Based on the catastrophic results you've had I would consider a hard drive problem.  Do you have a spinning hard disk or a solid state drive?  Have you checked the SMART status?

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

Does it boot into safe mode?  On one hand you are saying it has torn up your computer, but then you talk about accessing System Restore points.  Are you doing this via a System Repair Disk, or getting to them via a normal startup, which indicates a running system.  And Joe's comment about ticking the "show more" box is important...I forgot that "feature".

If the problem is insurmountable, and you don't have any backup images or partition copies, then you could reinstall windows as a repair install if the installer recognises the existing partition.

Again, before doing anything, take an image or partition copy, then fiddle with things.

Part of my ritual is to do system images/partition copies monthly, with more minor backing up done daily that covers things in between.

Aus