Dear MTaha,

I have bought one VirtualPLC license some years ago. My experience was not very good. Yes, it can simulate very easy programs. On the other side, when you start to test anything more complex, you will find that most of the Functions Blocks are not supported. And the even more annoying thing – every "download" to virtual PLC takes much more time than a download to real PLC! 
I had an idea to work in the hotel after returning from the site but it was almost impossible. 
Maybe they fixed the "unsupported FB" bugs but I keep to be very skeptical.
Do anybody else some experience with that software?
Regards, Michal.

• MVP 2023

The PLCs are relatively inexpensive. If you need to do complex work, you're much better off simply buying one. You don't have to buy any of the I/O. Unitronics purposely designed the PLCs to not care about I/O so that development work could be done on the PLC alone.

• MVP 2023

I tried the "Contact Us" link at the VirtualPLC site and now I'm getting conversation requests in Russian.  Something regarding "reviews about garlic".

I'm not kidding.

I'm guessing something has happened to that site/product, as the forum posts are also two years old.

On 4/3/2017 at 9:12 AM, Flex727 said:

The PLCs are relatively inexpensive. If you need to do complex work, you're much better off simply buying one.

I have found this to be true.  Seriously, if you're going to program PLCs, buck up and buy a backup PLC and a power supply.  They will fit in your travel bag. 

Joe T.