V130 Remote Access keys HOLD DOWN

Ausman

• MVP 2023

Hi all,

I've got a situation where I am using hold-down operations on various keys.  The 130 reacts correctly to doing single or multiple hold-downs if doing them manually.

But is it possible to do this using R Access?  I can't find any way to do it, and I've experimented a fair bit.  If it is feasible, could it please be incorporated in the future?

I have various "button-hold" operations that work fine manually and are often far better suited to the particular job than other methods available, but I am forced to fundamentally change my operations to more complex methods as I need to be able to use RA as if I was onsite.

cheers,   Aus

• MVP 2023

Thanks Saragini,

In regards to hold down, how does the plc interact with RA when using Info mode?  This is a physical long button push, yet is immediate in RA.  So something is going on there that gets around RA not being "able" to do the long push.  Is it just that it is a special send because it is the Info button?

I am envisaging something like a keyboard Alt holddown whilst doing the appropriate plc virtual key.  Even the ability to do this to a single key would be good.

cheers,

Aus 

I also use the feature of a hold down key.  'i' key alone is used for local help and if held long enough the standard info mode starts with a password prompt.  We use the 'zero' key, held for 5 seconds to activate a setup mode.  Do not wish to allow a random key press to enter mode.  Can Remote Access be changed.  We have just started dialog with Unitronics vendor in USA to use Remote Access on product interface to jobsites.  Without this feature Remote Access software is not a tool to consider.

On my first Unitronics training we were told to NEVER use long hold buttons or combinations of more buttons in one time. The reason was to ensure compatibility between displays and Remote Access / Remote Operator.
Let us play with the cards we have got. If you need to avoid unwanted click, it is better to use sequential combination of two buttons. First button ("Action") is permanently visible and active. The second one ("Confirm") is visible and active only for three seconds after clicking of the first one. When operator needs the protected function, he clicks "Action" button. The "Confirm" button appears for next three seconds, the Action button goes to disabled state. The protected funcion is activated only if the Confirm button is pressed in the time when it is visible. After three seconds the Confirm button disappears again and the Action button returns to active state. 

• MVP 2023

Hi Michal,

It does seem strange that such a useful function needs to be left out of a user program because the key action involved cannot be duplicated via the methods made available by the maker to communicate easily with the plc.  I hear your solution, but it isn't very "hidden" due to immediate action and display it does.  There are many instances where the use of a password is much too involved for some sites, whereas key hold-downs is a common method of getting into deeper areas in a host of things.

For now I either change the method to multiple pushes of the same button being counted within a time frame to do the same thing, or retain the hold-down method and only access the system remotely using full Visilogic.  But this then entails the end user having the ability to get into the user program as well if they need to access remotely.....not good.  The main issue is that it can make some instances way more complex than they need to be.

Hope this explains things a bit better.  I'm definitely enjoying CraigT's support on this one.  I should be able to do everything with RA/RO that I can do if onsite, that's what they're for!

cheers, Aus

• Upvote 1