Hello, I have never used a forum before so I apologise if it's wrong for me to ask a question on my first post but iv been working on a stepper motor project and I'm trying to figure out how to control the increase and decrease of the speed during transitions. I'm honestly at a loss IV looked online but I haven't been able to make any head way as of yet.

Hi,

To help you better, please provide more information:

-Model of PLC you use.

-What exactly you wish to achieve - min/max speed, distance, etc.

- Stepper motor model.

- Stepper motor driver model. *You cannot connect stepper motor to PLC direct.

B.R.

i looked my post over after i wrote it and i did not provide enough information I'm sorry, I'm trying to control the increase and decrease of frequency to help protect the motor when you turn it on and so it does not miss pulses when it starts up. I'm using a 23L104S-LW8 stepper motor and a MBC25081TB driver, the plc I'm using is a unitronics V200-18-E6B I/O module

Hi there,

You can use linearization blocks for this purpose by comparing current position with set point or use PTO functions in "Utils" menu to do this for you, there are examples for both ways in Help->Examples->Version900->Project Examples.

If motor is not sized properly and you fear of loosing steps you could attach an encoder to Snap-in you are using.