diogki

Water meter - flow peaking

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

I encounter a problem and i would like your help fixing it.

I have a v1210 PLC , one EX-D16A3-RO8 and one snap-in module V200-18-E6B.

I have connected two flow turbines to the two HSC inputs of EX-D16A3-RO8 and the other two flow turbines to the two HSC of V200-18-E6B.

In hardware configuration i have linked MI0 and MI1 to the two turbines of the snap-in module. MI2 and MI3 are linked to the two turbines of the EX-D16A3-RO8 module. Every 10 seconds i multiply every HSC MI by 360 (10x360=3.600 seconds = 1 hour) beucause i need the flow in lt per hour (you see 36000 and not 360 because in the division the factors normally  have two decimal digits, so i multiply by 100 and remove the decimal point). Then i divide with the Kv factor (according to the turbine manual - Kv is the amount of pulses for every lt) and the final outcome is the instant flow.

The problem is that while the flow from two turbines that are connected to EX-D16A3-RO8 are not peaking, the two turbines that are connected to V200-18-E6B are peaking every few seconds from 4.500lt/h to 12.000-13.000lt/h and back again to 4.500lt/h that is the real flow.

I have checked the turbines and they don't have a problem.

Maximum input is 1.000 pulses every second.

Are there any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

un forum.jpg

I'd initially be splitting out your operations in 75 into smaller blocks.  Let us know how that goes.

cheers, Aus

Thank you Ausman for your reply.

I have already tried this but it didn't work.

I have tested one more module (IO-DI8-RO4) that has one HSC, assigning MI0 from the snap-in and the problem didn't appear.

Now i have 3 flow meters operating normally ( two on EX-D16A3-RO8  and one on IO-DI8-RO4 - both set to HSC with Reset in HW) and one that is peaking on the snap-in V200-18-E6B.

I think that the problem is with the snap-in. In HW Configuration the setting of the HSC is "HSC with Reset - Odd input high".

Hi diogki,

Ausman is right about complicated net.

1.Better is to modify it as follows:

Y4pWcraDVtwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

2.Snap-in allows to reset HSC, as communication to snap-in module is fast.

Communication to expansion module is slow, this is why you cannot reset counter, located at expansion module.

You have to use virtual counter. *MI 0 is linked to HSC in Hardware Configuration.

cid:image001.png@01CDC326.B9A58B20

I believe, that peaking is result of counter reset, which at next scan overwritten by data, received from expansion module.

Best regards.

Thank you both for your replies.

Using Virtual HSC Reset solves the peaking problem.

I thought reseting via the reset input of the modules would be better...