Hello,

I have two machines in operation that use Samba's. Both machines are identical. I have been having continued reports that the buttons on one of the machines fails to register on a regular basis, there have been no issues with the other machine.

The screen has two large buttons on it. Every time I have been call out to fix this, the buttons work fine for me, the technician says the problem is intermittent and they have had no issues with the other machine.

Is there a way to alter the screen sensitivity? How robust are these screens?

Thanks in advance

• MVP 2023

Another possibility - these screens can only register a single touch at once. We're all used to multi-touch screens on our phones and these screens won't do that. If there is anything else touching the screen, the second touch won't register. Make sure the screen is clean and if the plastic screen protector is still on the screen, remove it. Confirm the operator isn't inadvertently touching the screen elsewhere when trying to push the button.

• MVP 2023
7 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

Make sure the screen is clean and if the plastic screen protector is still on the screen, remove it. Confirm the operator isn't inadvertently touching the screen elsewhere when trying to push the button.

You didn't respond to this.

• MVP 2023

I could be wrong, but I believe these screens use resistive touch, not capacitance touch like phone screens. With resistive touch it's okay for the finger to be insulated. I often use a pencil eraser on my development PLCs to keep them pristine.

I have done something quite sneaky. I have been unable to replicate the fault, the button works for me every time, I suspect the operator has a bad aim.

I have swapped the plc's without telling them. Will be interesting to see if the fault is then reported on the other machine.

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023
On 7/6/2017 at 7:18 AM, Jamie123 said:

I have done something quite sneaky. I have been unable to replicate the fault, the button works for me every time, I suspect the operator has a bad aim.

I have swapped the plc's without telling them. Will be interesting to see if the fault is then reported on the other machine.

This is smart! Please report back with the results - we must know! :)