Group:

Have a V430 that sends an email when a fill cycle ends. I capture the total gallonso f the most recent fill in an ML (memory long) then I trigger an email send with the message body linked to "indirect mail content". With the ML43 (gallons last fill) linked directly to the email "indirect content"  the text shows  a "?" most times. Today a value of D#1080 showed "8". I know that I need to convert NUM to ASCII, my question is: IN the FB below, IF I link indirect mail content to ML44 will I see all four digits or only the first digit? Does indirect email know how to find the string length? The INT value never exceedsD#9999. I looked at the example but it involved an SD FB that I couldn't even find in my version of VisiLogic.

Thanks

MLtoASCII.JPG

I believe I have found a solution On my own.  NUM to ASCII, 4 bytes, presumably fitting into a single DW that the emailer uses to send out number in the 0 to 4,000 range. Will see how it does as time goes on.  UPDATE: is working fine now. My texts received show gallons OF the last fill cycle (triggered by NTC contact linked to output that controls fill valve.

• Upvote 1