Samba / visilogic communication no longer works

Hello,

Since yesterday, communication between the PLC Samba and visilogic no longer works.
I tried another communication port, another PC, a USB / RS232 emulator and still no possibility to connect.
This happened when I was working on a MODBUS example.

it is always the same message (see attached files)

I do not know what to do. Could a reset of samba plc solve the problem?

Michaël

Erreur 206.jpg

Event descriotion.jpg

Hello Mick

When working on your modbus example did you use a comport init and instead of using the powerup bit using another condition that forces the comport to a certain workmode?

Try to go to info mode by keeping your finger on th screen until the info mode screen apears. Password to aces the items in infomode is 1111.

When in infomode bring the plc in stop mode and then test if communication between visilogic and the samba is working again. In the visilogic communication menu you Will find an option to check the os from the samba. If the samba returns that info to visilogic the your communication is working again. Or you can try to watch the status of your logic online. 

In the helpfile from Visilogic you Will find more detailed information about info mode.

Kind regards

Henny

• Like 1

Hello Henny,

Thank you for the answer.

I was in the infomode, and there is no communication even in stop mode.
I also tried with a new empty program, the connection is not possible. There are always the same messages in the EVENT LOG:
- "SEND BREAK SIGNAL"
- "UNABLE TO SYNCHRONIZE - PLC COMMUNICATION PARAMETERS CAN NOT BE SET

I had never had the message before. It appeared after the use of Realterm to try the communication in Modbus.

Is there a possibility of knowing where the problem comes from? It's a problem coming from the PLC or the PC?

Michaël

It works now!

For information, that's what I did:
- enter Info mod
- Push on  "Working mode"
- Push on "Exit to factory boot"
- the screen turn red, and at this step i send a new program from visilogic to the PLC
- Communication was done correctly

Thank you for your help.

Michaël

Hello Mick

Good to hear that your communication problem is solved.

Strange that with only the use of realterm the communication port locks, do you remember if you made samewhere a misstake in your laddercode that would explain this lock up behaviore?

Did you also try to repower te samba to get the communication running again , mean before you entered the info mode and did the exit to factory boot?

Kind regards

Henny

Hello Henny,

I do not remember having made a mistake in the Ladder. I just used the FB modbus as in the example.
Yes, I tried several times to repower the plc, but still the same message in the event log: "Send break signal" ect...

I'm not really sure, but I think rather a bad manipulation of Realterm (this is the first time I use it) in Modbus. 

Michaël