Sign in to follow this  
Interroga

How to create pop-ups in screens?

Hi,
I want to create a pop-up in my application. Because the crf21part 11 , I need to create a pop-up for user insert your sign and comment for actions log's.

regards,
Mauro.

I haven't tried them yet, but I believe you could do that with a Custom Control, found In the Solution Explorer, under HMI.

With a Custom Control, you can create a control that can be used in different screens.

From the toolbox you can drag (or double click) the custom control, to a a screen. If you define Read only or Read-Write parameters to the custom control, then they must be used when placing the custom control on a screen. You can use those parameters inside the custom control definition (for example, a numeric tag to be linked to a numeric box).

After placing a custom control on a screen, then you can define a visibility bit in order to control the visibility of the "layer".

There is a simple, yet effective example of a "Pop-Up" screen found in the sample applications available online, Unilogic\Example\Alarms\UniStream_070_Alarms_Example_with_events.ulpr

look at the Alarm History Screen, and specifically at the tag Clear_History_Popup, and the actions associated with the various buttons on the screen. There is a rectangle with 50% opacity, that appears when the Pop-up is displayed, that dims the background behind the Pop-up (nice touch). If you select that rectangle and "send to back", you will be able to select the various buttons and check out the actions associated with them.

Ok, but I guess that's not the best way. If possible in the next version, we can create screens with resizing in the configuration. I appreciate your help. I hope the next release will be active.

2 hours ago, Interroga said:

Ok, but I guess that's not the best way. If possible in the next version, we can create screens with resizing in the configuration. I appreciate your help. I hope the next release will be active.

What do you mean screens with resizing?

Screens have fixed size, since this is the size of the panel, and custom controls are like screens, but do have sizing options.