Good day.

Somebody tell me please how to change number of digits in fractional part in the numeric variable in case if this variable shows floating point number? (It is set to 9 by default)

I use the VisiLogic OPLC IDE version 9.8.31 Build 0 

I tried to change number of digits on 2 but when I opened my variable again I saw that number of digits was set to 9 again

Thanks in advance

PRU.rar

That's it.

I tried to use INV(A+B/n) function. Everything is OK except:

- the second INT number(MI) has always 3 digits (It is enough 2 for me I don't know how  change it)

- Visualization - I put two numeric variable window on the screen and it shows me almost what I need - zero (first window) and 3 digits (second window). All right, but I need point between it and at all the view of two areas filled with digits without point looks not beatiful )) 

In the attached file you can see this two areas

Thanks a lot

• MVP 2023

You weren't specific about which variable you're talking about, but opening the program I'm guessing it's on screen N11 and it's variable 284 and 285.

It's a matter of display formatting.  Unfortunately, you can't use the 3D style and get what you want.

On variable 284, I changed the style to Flat and in the "Text After" field I entered a "." and widened the field to accommodate it.  If you don't want the negative sign to show up check the "Do not reserve space for sign" box.

On variable 285, I changed the "Leading" field to "Leading Zeros".  I also checked the "Do not reserve space for sign" box.

Then I resized stuff until it looked right.

I generally make display-only variables flat and user-entry variables 3D for user clarity.

Hopefully this gives you close to the look you're going for.

Joe T.

PRU.vlp