At random times sockets 0 and 1, 20255 and 20256, server (slave) on V430 and SM43 are freezing up. Usually not both.... thinking it's more port 20255. I've played with the SI for timeouts. SB168 is set to power up at "1". it will still email, web server (V430) will still work, and usually port 20256 will work to let me connect and remote REBOOT the PLC, then the frozen port comes back to life. Any ideas!? I worked a long time on getting a reliable "EMAIL" logical construct; I believe I got that whipped and have had no issues lately. This STICKY PORT issue has plagued me for sometime. Any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Why not run 2 timers using the socket connected SB?

Timer 1 monitors how long a socket is connected for  if it becomes to long close the connection and re-initialize the socket

Timer 2 monitors how long between connections if it times out re-initialize the socket.

I'm not sure you need to re-boot the PLC just re-initializing the socket should clear up the issue.

23 hours ago, Cam said:

Why not run 2 timers using the socket connected SB?

Timer 1 monitors how long a socket is connected for  if it becomes to long close the connection and re-initialize the socket

Timer 2 monitors how long between connections if it times out re-initialize the socket.

I'm not sure you need to re-boot the PLC just re-initializing the socket should clear up the issue.

UPDATE: I found that SI104 (socket 1) was not set in my SAMBA program, guess I'm thinking of some of the V430's I had tried setting SI 10x values. I set power up value D#10000 for SI104 (10 sec). I'll see how that works out. bad thing is the socket freeze doesn't happen often (can be weeks or months).

For some reason I had the impression that SI101 thru SI110 did that for you:

SI 103

TCP/IP Connection Keep Alive (Socket 0)

Units of 100 msec

Note- When value is ‘0’, the function is disabled

Enables the PLC to disconnect if there is no communication from the connected device.

• When TCP/IP connection is established (SI 145-148 = 6) check data transport (SDW 14 – 21).

•  If no data transport occurred during the defined time – perform ‘Socket Init’.

• Data Transport counter is SDW 38

• Upvote 1